Southern Pride Clear Mk1 coach sides.

There was 2 others who did clear sides for mk1 coaches. DC Kits (website for kit parts is a bit inaccurate, things are given as being in stock when not and others say in develpoment to be made as body only kits some with eye watering prices). To be fair you can speak to Charlie at DC Kits and check what is available and at least leave a list and details as he is very busy.  The other is Coopercraft which seems to of gone down a cliff. I would have ordered some emus but southern pride are out of stock of them

Edited by hallmodelspares
missed a word

19 hours ago, hallmodelspares said:

There was 2 others who did clear sides for mk1 coaches. DC Kits (website for kit parts is a bit inaccurate, things are given as being in stock when not and others say in develpoment to be made as body only kits some with eye watering prices). To be fair you can speak to Charlie at DC Kits and check what is available and at least leave a list and details as he is very busy.  The other is Coopercraft which seems to of gone down a cliff. I would have ordered some emus but southern pride are out of stock of them

Are you sure? :scratchhead:

The DC Kits Mark Ones were/are a modular plastic kit where you add lengths together and attach to the underframe or roof depending on preference, Usually three or four pieces a side. Exactly the same as the DMU and EMU kits. Makes it easier to make a wider range of models. Glazing was a bit of plastikard. I have several. Unfortunately I think the suburbans went in the fire. Pity as I wouldn't mind another set.

Most of the stock is the remains after the fire and quite a few items would be costly to redo. Things like the BR underframes and bogies went ISTR. Is it worth doing them again since "better" alternatives are available? No. Hence why he is offering them as body kits as you can use parts from the likes of MJT, Comet, etc.

Extortionate prices is an old trick to stop you buying an item which may or may not come back into stock. But you don't want to delete the page. Used quite often by booksellers.

Coopercraft kits were very like the old Ian Kirk kits. Much refined, but still no clear plastic sides. Also glazing was plasticard.

The ones who made plastic sides like the Southern Pride kits were MOPOK and ABS. There may have been others in the distant past. But you are going back forty odd years.

Jason

Edited by Steamport Southport

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Steamport Southport said:

The ones who made plastic sides like the Southern Pride kits were MOPOK and ABS. There may have been others in the distant past. But you are going back forty odd years.

MAJ Models also used clear sides, with printed stick-on liveried sides. There are some LMS and GWR examples on Ebay currently (no connection to the seller, though have been a customer in the past).

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, DIW said:

MAJ Models also used clear sides, with printed stick-on liveried sides. There are some LMS and GWR examples on Ebay currently (no connection to the seller, though have been a customer in the past).

MAJ that was one of them.

The other was PC Models.

Jason