Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

now now boys no fighting,lol.......i will show you my assistant badge!!! that made me laugh,brilliant.

well thank you to both will and tom for your help in posting my videos, my plan to phase myself out of running this site is almost complete,lol.

i think both of you deserve the blue peter badge in my opinion.

terry

Hahahahaha, I'm kidding, me and Will are good mates and I sent him a song and got it stuck in his head so he got revenge... I'm telling you he's coming for my deputy manager of Glebe Rd station job...

now now boys no fighting,lol.......i will show you my assistant badge!!! that made me laugh,brilliant.

well thank you to both will and tom for your help in posting my videos, my plan to phase myself out of running this site is almost complete,lol.

i think both of you deserve the blue peter badge in my opinion.

it was a very good spot ralph as i could almost touch the n gauge trains as they went past as i was that close,lol.

terry 

No problem and I won't try to take over from Tom, yet... :mail:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes modeling season is upon us so lots of work to crack on with and more frequent updates will be posted.

Mines all year round Terry!! only break from Modeling is when im away on "hols" then its reading model mags.... :read: for extra ideas....

I'm very, very jealous of that 66.

Here is Terry's latest video!

I'd say dint weather them or only lightly as they seem to lower the value for some reason especially on the shanks

Edited by Swifty11

• RMweb Premium

I say DO weather them Terry; models are for running, not for displaying.

Limited Edition Hornby Black Five 44871, released to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the end of BR steam ( :( )

I took a pin vice and scalpel to the area under the smokebox to remove the moulded area that shouldn't be there.

Hornby Stanier tenders have a bizarre shelf on top of the chassis (under the tender body) - I cut it off and glued Plastikard into the tender body so that it still sits on the chassis and looks 100 times better

Front steps were way too thick and lacking in detail so I threw them away and replaced them with Comet etched ones

The front pony truck was a block of crap so I threw it away and replaced it with an etched Comet kit

Pony truck wheels are incorrect so they were replaced with Romford ones

Tension lock couplings are awful so they were binned, the NEM pockets hacked off and Slaters Screw Links added

It was weathered (not the best job admittedly; much happier with my other Five, 45026)

Real coal added.

Now you may be thinking 'What does this have to do with tin boxes / diesels?' Basically, I want to use my models and am not interested in them sat in a cabinet in pristine condition. Resale value is unimportant as they are worth more to me in the state I want them than what some bloke with cornflakes in his beard who wants to store stuff in their boxes for 50 years is willing to pay me for them.

Locos014_zpsd2404c4e.jpg

I say DO weather them Terry; models are for running, not for displaying.

Limited Edition Hornby Black Five 44871, released to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the end of BR steam ( :( )

I took a pin vice and scalpel to the area under the smokebox to remove the moulded area that shouldn't be there.

Hornby Stanier tenders have a bizarre shelf on top of the chassis (under the tender body) - I cut it off and glued Plastikard into the tender body so that it still sits on the chassis and looks 100 times better

Front steps were way too thick and lacking in detail so I threw them away and replaced them with Comet etched ones

The front pony truck was a block of crap so I threw it away and replaced it with an etched Comet kit

Pony truck wheels are incorrect so they were replaced with Romford ones

Tension lock couplings are awful so they were binned, the NEM pockets hacked off and Slaters Screw Links added

It was weathered (not the best job admittedly; much happier with my other Five, 45026)

Real coal added.

Now you may be thinking 'What does this have to do with tin boxes / diesels?' Basically, I want to use my models and am not interested in them sat in a cabinet in pristine condition. Resale value is unimportant as they are worth more to me in the state I want them than what some bloke with cornflakes in his beard who wants to store stuff in their boxes for 50 years is willing to pay me for them.

Locos014_zpsd2404c4e.jpg

Hi Jason

I completely agree with you about weathering the locos so i will weather them when i get round to it. Plus a clean fresh out of the box loco just looks odd running around a dirty looking layout along side weathered locos and like you i much prefer them to look like models rather than plastic toys.

As for your black five.....is there any actual original parts left to it after the complete over haul you have done to it,lol. surely it would have been cheaper to scratch build one out of all the parts you have used to rebuild the one in the picture. 

However saying that the black five in the photo does really look the part and you have done a top job on it.

On a lighter note mate i have been watching your progress lately and have to say you are doing a fine job on the layout. Im not into steam the same as you with "tin boxes" but i really enjoy watching your layout progress as its a work of art and most of all i enjoy watching your scratch building skills at work as i get most of my inspiration for scratch building from you.

Terry

More impressive models Terry!!

yeah more bloody locos to add to my long fleet of unused locos. i have told my wife im not buying any more locos this year as i have too many now and want to or shall i say need to spend it on the layout and rolling stock plus i want the xbox one when its released.

yeah more bloody locos to add to my long fleet of unused locos. i have told my wife im not buying any more locos this year as i have too many now and want to or shall i say need to spend it on the layout and rolling stock plus i want the xbox one when its released.

I always tell the wife "this is my last loco im buying" but then i end up "buying" another and another!!! :onthequiet:

Agreed when you get time a little update would be appreciated. Hope the layout is going faster than mine at present.

Hi Jaz

Not much has gone on with the layout since i posted the video. I am however going to fit the rest of the platform lights today and finish off some other little jobs so 

whilst im up there i will take some photos and post them here on RMWEB.

Terry

• Like 3