Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Hi Terry. Great update, the layout is really coming to life! Love the tmd area and the idea of the two tracks splitting is great. Cannot wait to get all my track and wiring done so I can finally get back to laying some scenery on the layout.

Just wondering how you powered all of your lights? On my old layout the power used to cut out on the controller that I used so I just wondered how you powered all of yours?

Many thanks

Jamie

Well the platform lights are bulbs and i have to run them on three old Hornby controllers as they use up a lot of power.all other lights on the layout are LED's and i wire them direct to the track aa they use hardly any power and they turn on when the power turns on.

Nice work Terry.  One of my 33s has the older wheel type and usually needs a couple of laps before it will run ok.  I'll look into getting some new wheels for it.

Also the scenery is looking great. I look forward to seeing more.

Cheers

Its well worth paying out £9 for a set of wheels mate as they run perfectly after.and as you know the wheels are so easy to replace.

Terry

I like the livery on the 33 that the new wheels has cured!!!!  L Logo suits them I think

I've only just noticed your 31 in NR yellow!!!! Out of my period, but I l;ike it a lot!!!!!

All over great work, and you're right, it's the little details that make it!

JInty ;-)

Evening All

A new project has started at Glebe Rd today....For as long as i can remember i have wanted a plasser tamper unit but there are no RTR units on the market apart from the very basic Bachmann tamper which is in HO scale which i once had but sold as it just was not good enough.

I then found out a few months back that a company called Clockwork Ideas produced a tamper in a kit form but unfortunately i was too late as they sold out very quick.  I looked everywhere for one as i did not fancy paying out £300 plus for a Brittania Pacific model which in all honesty looks very good but could not justify that sort of money on one loco. Just as i was about to give up on the Clockwork kit i then came across Realtrack models at the RMWEB exhibition who had just received ten kits so i pulled his arm off but had to give £120 in return for the model.

This kit is huge and looks like it will take me many weeks to build. I am still in the deciding stage on whether to motorize it and add lights which will add another £80 to the price of the kit. In the kit along with all the many parts (and there are so many parts) is a disc with the instructions on how to build the kit and the instructions went on and on and on (god this is going to be hard work) lol but im sure it will be worth it in the end. 

post-17682-0-33235600-1410808187.jpg

post-17682-0-81084900-1410808198.jpg

• Like 3

Anyway the kit is a present to myself as its my birthday tomorrow the 16th (21 again) lol.

In the kit come transfers which give you the option to build it in the liveries of...Amey Rail (in yellow)....Colas rail and or Balfour Beaty.

I am choosing Amey rail livery as this is how i remember all plasser machines.

Hopefully this is how it will end up looking. not sure if i will paint it with the blue lines tho.

post-17682-0-60310900-1410809065.jpg

post-17682-0-92091200-1410809090.jpg

• Like 2

After spending around eight hours on the kit today this is as far as i have got so far. I am around a quarter of the way through the kit and i will need to paint up some of the little detail before it is added to the kit.All the bits in the images were very fiddly to do and a lot of the kit seems to be scratch built with adding copper wire and tubing etc.

post-17682-0-08079200-1410809550.jpg

post-17682-0-34054100-1410809554.jpg

post-17682-0-15031900-1410809557.jpg

post-17682-0-08215500-1410809561.jpg

post-17682-0-35232200-1410809568.jpg

post-17682-0-07090900-1410809571.jpg

• Like 2

Nice kit you've got there.

For what it's worth, I'd go for the lights and motorising now, as I bet it'd be a pain to be done retrospectively!!!! If you're already asking the question, then you'll only regret it!!!

I'd like to see the Jig too :jester: :jester: :danced: :danced: :imsohappy:

Oh and Happy Birthday for tomorrow ;) Have a great day!!!! 

Jinty ;-)

• Like 2

Cool

Look forward to your updates, had looked myself, but bottled it :)

Ahh shame as it looks to be a very good kit.i had my eye on a few things but as soon as i see this kit i purchased it as i have wanted one for ages.If you fancy one i know he has a few left and thats the last of them so i would hurry.

Terry

Nice kit you've got there.

For what it's worth, I'd go for the lights and motorising now, as I bet it'd be a pain to be done retrospectively!!!! If you're already asking the question, then you'll only regret it!!!

I'd like to see the Jig too :jester: :jester: :danced: :danced: :imsohappy:

Oh and Happy Birthday for tomorrow ;) Have a great day!!!! 

Jinty ;-)

Na you wouldn't want to see my jig as you will only be jealous lol. And i think you maybe right...i think i should motorize it plus add the lights.the motorizing is the easy part but the lights look to be more difficult.but like you say it will be an easier task if i do it now rather than after it's built.

Terry 

• Like 1

That's some serious equipment you've got yourself there Terry. Looking forward to progress on this one. I'd agree with Jinty, if costs allow, lights and motor would be the dogs...! Top stuff.

Dave

Ps.  happy birthday tomorrow.

Thanks dave...i do really hope this kit turns out to as good as it does in the photo as it did cost a fair bit.

Terry