Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Not sure how or why i have missed this layout, totally stunning.

I found myself mesmerised by the video, the detail and scenics are some of the best i have seen and given me loads of ideas that i can add to my layouts too ( hope you dont mind )

The depot area is exceptional, i actually found myself thinking about how id run it and what loco moves i would do hahaha

superb, i am now going to read through the whole thread as i only caught it on this page.

Look forward to more outstanding modelling.

Not sure how or why i have missed this layout, totally stunning.

I found myself mesmerised by the video, the detail and scenics are some of the best i have seen and given me loads of ideas that i can add to my layouts too ( hope you dont mind )

The depot area is exceptional, i actually found myself thinking about how id run it and what loco moves i would do hahaha

superb, i am now going to read through the whole thread as i only caught it on this page.

Look forward to more outstanding modelling.

Thanks so much for the nice comment and i am very happy that you have enjoyed my layout and that it has inspired you in some way. I find that RMWEB is a great place to visit for good ideas and inspiration for them times you hit a brick wall.

Terry

• Like 1

Hi all

Just a recap on some work i have been doing this weekend. The turners building is now in place and i managed to get the MDF cut to shape to fit the coner but still yet to paint the edges black.

I have still got all the finer details to add and some much needed touching up to do on the building itself but i think you all get the picture as to how its starting to look.

post-17682-0-03012600-1425749195.jpg

post-17682-0-15554000-1425749199.jpg

post-17682-0-41184900-1425749205.jpg

post-17682-0-18811600-1425749212.jpg

• Like 9

I have now decided to add the concrete plant here between the main lines.....it is only roughly put into place as i am not sure how i want it to look.

I have been thinking for some time now what to do with this area and i think the concrete yard fits it perfectly. Again there is a lot more work to be done around the area before it actually starts to look right at home.

A couple more scenic shots.

post-17682-0-90654100-1425749407.jpg

post-17682-0-97943000-1425749423.jpg

post-17682-0-70917200-1425749428.jpg

post-17682-0-71874200-1425749429.jpg

post-17682-0-76467900-1425749590.jpg

post-17682-0-76348700-1425749593.jpg

• Like 7

Terry, just noticed you've done a vid...so I'm off to have a look. Could I pick your brains on vids??  Takes me 'couple of years' to load a a 2 min vid to Youtube and some of yours are 20mins plus. Would love to put some longer vids on, but Youtube will probably be a thing of the past by the time they finally upload.

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Graham...although i do agree with you i am not sure i will be able to fit in the extra track.

Hi Terry,

could you not extend the short siding? If you brought it round the back of the cement works you could rejoin the mainline on the bend, that would give you a short loop to hold a freight be it cement tanks or aggregate wagons?

p.s the whole layout is looking fantastic! The bridge just past the depot is a real favourite of mine.

cheers 

Graham.

Terry, just noticed you've done a vid...so I'm off to have a look. Could I pick your brains on vids??  Takes me 'couple of years' to load a a 2 min vid to Youtube and some of yours are 20mins plus. Would love to put some longer vids on, but Youtube will probably be a thing of the past by the time they finally upload.

Cheers

Dave

I just upload my videos to youtube as normal then which can take an hour or so depending on how many mini videos there are and how long they are. I then use the youtube editor to put them all together but again depending on how long the final video is that can take a good few hours to process. the one i uploaded last night took around six hours from start to finish which is still an age.

Hi Terry,

could you not extend the short siding? If you brought it round the back of the cement works you could rejoin the mainline on the bend, that would give you a short loop to hold a freight be it cement tanks or aggregate wagons?

p.s the whole layout is looking fantastic! The bridge just past the depot is a real favourite of mine.

cheers 

Graham.

Cheers Graham...yeah a few people have mentioned extending the siding to rejoin the mainline for the cement works and it is a good idea so i am going to take a look at it and see if i can make it work.

• Like 3

I just upload my videos to youtube as normal then which can take an hour or so depending on how many mini videos there are and how long they are. I then use the youtube editor to put them all together but again depending on how long the final video is that can take a good few hours to process. the one i uploaded last night took around six hours from start to finish which is still an age.

Cheers, Terry. At least I know now that it does take time to upload, so it's not me doing something daft.

Dave

Cheers Graham...yeah a few people have mentioned extending the siding to rejoin the mainline for the cement works and it is a good idea so i am going to take a look at it and see if i can make it work.

the short siding doesn't need to be long, just enough for a couple of cement wagons and rejoin the main

Great video as always Terry. The cement plant looks like it has been there all along.

Regards 

Scott 

Cheers Scott

I am still toying with the idea as to wether it should be there or to just add something else instead. I do think if i keep it i will need to make it bigger and scratch build the buildings so to make it look proper.

Terry

Not sure if i can make it work or not. i think the cement works would need to be a lot larger for it to work.

It's only an idea, anyway the cement works does look like it was meant to be there and fits nicely and so does the Turners Depot too. I wouldn't worry on how large the it needs to be, I noticed the lower section near the cement work any ideas in that section