Glebe Road Junction.

hybridangel77

Thanks for the reply,

David Todd has linked to the competition announcement in his post which outlines the different categories within the loco build competition. Here is a different link to where all of the entries are being posted so you have an idea as what other people are upto... http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/forum/261-rmwebbrm-build-a-loco-challenge/

If you entered I think it'd be great advertising to other RMWeb-ers for your layout which can only be a good thing as its truely inspirational. RMWeb seems to be an enormous source of brilliance and its often hard to find the time to read through it all. I first stopped by your thread as i recognised the name from Youtube and im kind of hooked.

Also, back to your tamper, there doesnt seem to be many modern image entries so it will add a nice dash of colour and variety to the competition :)

keep up the good work mate.

Jason

Edited by airwimp075

Thanks

The tamper looks great, do you have a distance the platforms are away from the track.

Thanks

There is a certain distance but i cannot remember what it is. Tape a pencil to the rear corner of a coach and drag the coach along to draw the line of which the platform should sit.

Hi Terry just gone through all your pictures from start to finish, the tamper looks awesom have you motorised it, can't wait to see it on your next YouTube update, and definitely buying the magazines with your layout pictures in when its published

Andy

Hi all

Since completing the Plasser Tamper i decided to crack on with the Hornby HAA wagons. I went about taking the wagons apart so i could replace the buffers with larger ones and then respray the red frames into railfreight red. The hoppers then had a plate of plastikard added just below the rim and then Carrs fine coal was sprinkled on and glued. This is still a work in progress as i have fifteen wagons to do in total so it will take some time to complete. I then have to change the couplings from the large ones into something smaller. And once all wagons are fixed back together they all need to be weathered.

post-17682-0-88082800-1430580436.jpg

post-17682-0-94610400-1430580444.jpg

post-17682-0-75403500-1430580452.jpg

post-17682-0-20621400-1430580461.jpg

• Like 2

Hi all

This week i have made a start on the scenery at the north end of the bridge just past the TMD. It is only at an early stage with lots of work yet to do like painting the road and adding the pavements as well as the wall that goes under the bridge.

The tunnel has a blank black face as under the baseboard are the support legs which would be in view so i had no choice but to blank it out.

In this area i will be adding a cameo in the shape of a burning unit with the fire brigade at hand with (hopefully) blue flashing lights.

post-17682-0-13650400-1431016158.jpg

post-17682-0-89914800-1431016168.jpg

post-17682-0-49557500-1431016181.jpg

post-17682-0-40212200-1431016188.jpg

• Like 15