Two More Unknown Photo,s

d600

• RMweb Gold

Location not clear, but I think the upper picture is ex-LSWR - look at the trespass signs. Upper- and lower-quadrant signals. I also think I can see conductor rail on the further line in the platform - but cannot see it on the nearer line beyond the tank loco. Headcode suggests loco is headed for Feltham MPD?

• RMweb Premium

The upper pic resembles Swaythling (in Southampton) as it used to be, looking south, in several respects: the basic layout of footbridge, the turnouts to the yard and the signalbox (behind the bridge on the right). The line curvature appears too sharp, but this may be due to the lens used. It's my local station and although I wasn't here in steam days I've taken an interest in its past. It's a lot different now although the bridge part of the footbridge remains wit a ramp on the down side and new stairs to the up platform. The stairs on the right have been replace by a ramp running away from the camera. I may be wrong but a lot of things fit. I may do some research and come back, but must return the PC to homework purposes for now.

Pete

Archived