EBAY HELP PLEASE!

deltic17

I was going to try and sell a G scale Aristocraft/Bachmann Class 66 on Ebay but it won't let me list it - it mentions authenticity issues (but it is a genuine model - I bought it brand new in a model shop in the UK 3 years ago) - it says because it is a dearer item - apparently I must check with the manufacturer 1st to check they are happy for me to sell it on Ebay???!!! - and get some confirmation sent to them from Aristocraft - part of their VERO program protecting manufacturers rights. Has anyone else experienced this. I appreciate where they are coming from (just about) but it seems a big hassle to get it listed.

Hmm.not had this happen with any model railway items but did you by any chance use 'diesel' in the description? That triggers the vero programming but is actually aimed at the clothing brand - ebay has been forced by the fashion brands to clamp down on sales of counterfeit goods. 

• RMweb Gold

Had a similar thng happen with D823 Hermes when I tried to sell it.  That was because of all the fake Hermes items but all they said was by listing it, it would appear on a queue at head office or whatever, not that I had to refer to Hermes first.

Archived