A site for trees, bushes, foliage etc.

Thank you for all the comments of support! And a big thank you to all the RMWebbers who came and said hello to myself and Jeff at our first trade outing at Guildex, Telford last weekend.

The web-site for Polak in the UK and Ireland is now live and open for business.

Cheers all, Alex

post-14090-0-53795800-1473420757_thumb.jpg

• 2 months later...

I'm glad I found this thread. I am yet to experiment with static grass but have been looking around and based on what I've read I now have a potential supplier.

My layout will have a lot of uncared for areas with longish grass, say about 12in. Is it better to mix shades and lengths so it doesn't look too uniform and if so how many would be required to give a good mix?

Thanks in advance.

I missed this topic originally because of the title. I didn't realise it was about Polak UK, but thought it was about a website on making scenic items.

Would it be better with the title as "Polak now available in the UK" or similar?

I actually found out about this development by another route and have just had an order of Polak static fibres delivered last weekend. I was drawn to them because the fibres are relatively matt and because they come in one colour - I don't think the mixes of fibre colours you get with some manufacturers to be very convincing, except perhaps for long grass in the autumn when it is dying off.

Hello Douglas,

I don't think the original poster saw it that way when they originally posted; it has just morphed along the way. All scenics welcome in my book; anything to lift the profile, accessibility and standard of this area of the hobby! I hope you are pleased with your items.

Happy modelling!

Alex

Archived