Bachmann NEM coupling

Dunmar

Hi,

Does anyone know if the coupling that is fitted to the Bachmann 'vent ' vans is available as a spare - the cranked version which is held in place with a small screw? I want to replace the couplings on my Lima parcel vans and the Hornby CCT vans. And before someone chips in - I intend to modify it to fit!

Bill.

Hi Ray,

I too have seen couplings for sale on e-bay but can't get a good look at it! Have also seen them in retailers but not the type with the hole in the moulding for the screw! Maybe I haven't come across it yet!

Bill.

• RMweb Premium

Hi,

Does anyone know if the coupling that is fitted to the Bachmann 'vent ' vans is available as a spare - the cranked version which is held in place with a small screw? I want to replace the couplings on my Lima parcel vans and the Hornby CCT vans. And before someone chips in - I intend to modify it to fit!

Bill.

Are you talking about the coupling itself or do you include the coupling pocket as well? Most if not all of the couplings used on current Bachmann products are available separately - there's a list on the Bachmann website of both old and new types, NEM and not http://www.Bachmann.co.uk/prod1.php?prod_selected=branchline&prod=8. The problem is that they are not always available, so I tend to buy a pack or two for the spares box so I have them when needed.

I haven't looked at a Vent van, but perhaps the one you want is "36-027 Couplings Nem Shaft (Cranked) With Pocket", which is showing in stock so should be available from retailers.

Hi Ray,

I too have seen couplings for sale on e-bay but can't get a good look at it! Have also seen them in retailers but not the type with the hole in the moulding for the screw! Maybe I haven't come across it yet!

Bill.

Bill

As far as I am aware Bachmann retailers offer for sale the various couplings.  A trawl on eBay will show a number of suppliers - Buy it Now and Auctions.

However I think you are asking about the coupling block which is screwed to the wagon underframe and which has the fancy slot for the fish tail on the Bachmann pocket.  I am almost certain that this is NOT supplied as a spare part by Bachmann - however I stand to be corrected.  However I will repeat - they do come up for sale on eBay where modellers have removed the Bachmann couplings and substituted for example three link couplings.  I know I have bought one - when I had ended up 'winning' a 'new' truck which arrived without wheels or couplings.

Regards

Ray

Bill

Dapol also do a NEM mounting designed to be screwed to the wagon, perhaps it would fit?  They can be found at the following web address. The actual coupling is seperate from the NEM box but the picture doesn't show it very well.

http://Dapol.co.uk/index.php?route=product/category&path=177_62_154_198

Roddy

Archived