Sodem Lane. 3rd rail terminus with small diesel MPD

angell328

Well Mr B I shall be going round to the garage tonight and may well do a small bit of signal placing and tinkering, so you maybe in luck!

I haven't been Rob, I spanner C130J Hercules for a living at Brize, but have seen them humming around the circuit! Shall leave the garage door open on Saturday to have a watch as I play trains.

Cheers

Matt

And my lad is on 99 doing the same, which is Matt's fault, filling his mind with tales of line foolery when we were next door neighbours at Lyneham.  The Dutch 08 existed.I am sure Matt will tell you more, if he can find the book it is in !!

Evening all,

Don't blame me, your lad just has good taste and came to the premier trade! :P

Yes the Dutch 08 was an unoffical depot repaint that I found hiding away in a book I bought several years ago, shall see if I can unearth the name etc. As I have a weekspot for anything dutch just had to get the airbrush out!

There are a few more pictures in my gallery of the 08 for some close ups, running number is per the prototype so bit of googling may yield you a few results until I find the book!

Cheers

Matt

Evening all,

Don't blame me, your lad just has good taste and came to the premier trade! :P

Yes the Dutch 08 was an unoffical depot repaint that I found hiding away in a book I bought several years ago, shall see if I can unearth the name etc. As I have a weekspot for anything dutch just had to get the airbrush out!

There are a few more pictures in my gallery of the 08 for some close ups, running number is per the prototype so bit of googling may yield you a few results until I find the book!

Cheers

Matt

But trade group 3 don't work on those aircraft ;)

It does suit the 08, reminds me for some strange reason of the actual Dutch shunters to a similar design!...

Haha God loves a tryer Satan!

As requested been setting up a temporary rig to showcase the new signals, very impressed with the quality. CR Signals do nice signal for a very nice price.

Having few problems uploading pictures, but will try again once l'm back from garage, so watch this space!

Do love the Dutch 08, will be my station pilot once layouts up and running.

Matt

Evening All,

Had another night round garage, 3 on the bounce very rare!

Tonight I did a bit of kit bashing on an engine shed I got of another RMwebber. Removed the engine shed roof and replaced it with a corrigated tin roof to make it look more civilian industrial than BR industrial. I laid a thin plasticard covering over the now open roof and then used some of the new sticky back pre painted corrigated plastic. Lovely stuff, makes covering a large area so easy,just need to wait for my second sheet to arrive so I can finish the building.

The plan is to have the building used as a road to rail goods shed. One of the bays will be at unloading hight for forklifts and the like to unload cargo from wagons and directly into HGV's and vans at the reverse into loading dock. Hopefully as I build up more of the shed it will become a bit clearer to understand!

Then I got out the airbrush for the base layer of colour on the track, I used good old Railmatch sleeper grime, and it covered well.

Once that is dry I shall get the rust out and a thinish brush to cover the rail sides, not looking forward to that much!!

Anyway, onto some pictures before I get off and hit the hay.

Night All

Matt

post-4966-0-81574300-1386889007_thumb.jpg

post-4966-0-10006500-1386889021_thumb.jpg

post-4966-0-69247000-1386889147_thumb.jpg

post-4966-0-99292800-1386889162_thumb.jpg

post-4966-0-73388900-1386889178_thumb.jpg

post-4966-0-95226900-1386889194_thumb.jpg

post-4966-0-99058700-1386889209_thumb.jpg

post-4966-0-33169500-1386889223_thumb.jpg

Yes for some reason the link has gone dead, shall investigate laters. Although I have tracked down which pile of books the shunter book is in, shall put some info up when I'm back in the house.

Funnily enough I love the smell of enamel paint! Garage has the aroma of car paint at the moment as I am finishing off a non railway related project.

Cheers for the heads up Mr B, shall do some research tonight on one of those.

Last night was spent doing one of my least favourite jobs, ballesting, although think I have nearly 50% laid now. Helps that I can do a little bit whilst waiting for this paint to dry!

Right off to breath insome more lovely car paint hehe, laters peeps.

Looks good Matt, coming on nicely. If you are coming down for Calne in Jan then I am there with Pallet Lane if you want a go again? Very  envious of the garage space, my new one is nearly finished just hoping the Series 3 can fit in, the door is a tight fit otherwise the layout will be going there! 

Archived