System won't allow me to click 'like'

• RMweb Gold

I've been getting this message this morning, whenever I've tried to click 'Like'. I've not clicked on too many 'Likes' so far today, and have never before been told that I've 'liked' too much in one day!...

attachicon.gifQuotes-error mesage.JPG

I've tried re-booting the PC but it doesn't make any difference...

Edit - the above happened in Chrome. Tried it in Internet Explorer - same problem.

I've just 'liked' this successfully but was unable to do so with another item only a few minutes ago.

John 

• RMweb Premium

I have a theory why some of us found this problem - it's not as if the daily "likes bucket" remains completely empty for 24 hours after giving out the full 24 hour quota of 100 "likes"; the "bucket" fills up again slowly over 24 hours depending on how many "likes" you gave out over each hour in the past 24 hours.

For example, if you have given out say 85 "likes" in 23 hours and then gave out the last 15 "likes" in the next hour afterwards then you would need to wait another hour before being able to give out only up to 15 "likes" in that hour. The longer you wait, the more "likes" comes into your "bucket" until you have the full quota of 100 after 24 hours.

The names of users who 'like' a post are now invisible to me - though the like button is accessible to me (in IE8, but not in Chrome). Is anyone else seeing that?

It's weird seeing a post flagged as 'popular' with no listing of users who 'liked' it.

Archived