System won't allow me to click 'like'

• RMweb Gold

I've been getting this message this morning, whenever I've tried to click 'Like'. I've not clicked on too many 'Likes' so far today, and have never before been told that I've 'liked' too much in one day!...

post-57-0-30534100-1360503494.jpg

I've tried re-booting the PC but it doesn't make any difference...

Edit - the above happened in Chrome. Tried it in Internet Explorer - same problem.

• RMweb Gold

I've had this on occasion - but always after a hefty bout of "liking". I did find my quota began to return - but only in line with 24 hours-worth max.

At the time, I think Andy Y thought it was system driven, and there were more pressing issues for him - fair enough!

• RMweb Gold

Is there any way of telling on which posts the 'likes' were given? Sometimes I have noticed my likes increasing but none have been added to my more recent posts. 

Hi Phil,

You can choose to be notified by email or pop-up box ("push notifications") whenever someone likes one of your posts. There is a link to the liked post included in the notification.

Go to: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

Tick all the boxes you want, and Save Changes at the bottom.

Martin.

• RMweb Premium

Hi Phil,

You can choose to be notified by email or pop-up box ("push notifications") whenever someone likes one of your posts. There is a link to the liked post included in the notification.

Go to: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=notifications

Tick all the boxes you want, and Save Changes at the bottom.

Martin.

Thank you.

• RMweb Gold

I upped it to 100 a day some time back so I'm not sure where the glitch came from and I can't claim I resolved anything which allowed the Captain to resume his endearments.

Careful Andy/CK!

If someone finds out there's money to be made with the 'Like' button, they may come after you!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-21411622

Oops - too late.

Kev.

;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I had soup for lunch, the system allowed me to 'like' your post, it's obviously a dietary driven feature aimed at improving the health of the nation. Tea is to be a bacon and cheese puff pastry bake, (home made, mmmmmm) followed by lemon tart and cream for dessert, will see if I'm allowed to 'like' after all that.

• RMweb Gold

I had soup for lunch, the system allowed me to 'like' your post, it's obviously a dietary driven feature aimed at improving the health of the nation. Tea is to be a bacon and cheese puff pastry bake, (home made, mmmmmm) followed by lemon tart and cream for dessert, will see if I'm allowed to 'like' after all that.

Clearly a more virtuous tea of vegetables and potato cooked in a wok has allowed me back in the Like Club. All is now well!

• RMweb Gold

Clearly a more virtuous tea of vegetables and potato cooked in a wok has allowed me back in the Like Club. All is now well!

Or a pastie followed by some saffron cake would get plenty of likes. ;)

• RMweb Gold

Or a pastie followed by some saffron cake would get plenty of likes. ;)

I detect a trend starting here, or is it a movement?..... 

(no, too early for that...)

Unfortunately an error has occurred and I have again reached my quota of positive votes for the day.

So it is you that is clogging up the works with crumbs! Well can I tell you that I am sick and tired of cleaning them up. Andy made it my job sometime ago and to be honest I think it is time someone else did it. OR perhaps you could be a bit more careful with your lunch.

• RMweb Gold

So it is you that is clogging up the works with crumbs! Well can I tell you that I am sick and tired of cleaning them up. Andy made it my job sometime ago and to be honest I think it is time someone else did it. OR perhaps you could be a bit more careful with your lunch.

I like this post, but unfortunately an error has occurred, and I have reached my quota of positive votes for the day.

Archived