LT layout

modeler123

hello all.

I have built a model of moorgate widened lines platforms. as a new project i have decided to model somewhere where i could model lt seam locos in there last days, DMUs and electric trains. Does anyone have any suggestions

Top end of the Metropolitan?

The GCR steam trains were still in use till 1966 but new class 115 DMUs were running the local serivce. In 1960-61 the A stock was about to take over the Met leaving room for Dreadnought steam stock, T stock and occassional T/P stock trains. There was also a lot of freight traffic too.

• RMweb Gold

Top end of the Metropolitan?

The GCR steam trains were still in use till 1966 but new class 115 DMUs were running the local serivce. In 1960-61 the A stock was about to take over the Met leaving room for Dreadnought steam stock, T stock and occassional T/P stock trains. There was also a lot of freight traffic too.

Gosh that sounds familiar :jester:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/50822-aylesbury-junction/page-1

Metropolitan/GC joint line, perhaps?  Somewhere further out where both companies could use the stations (closer in toward London, only the Met had rights to build and operate stations- to prevent undue competition for the commuter traffic).  Harrow on the Hill, Pinner, Amersham- somewhere like that.  Amersham in the 1950s/60s you could model the switch between electric and steam traction on the Met lines. 

As for loco stock, going for the 1950s you could have the changeover period when the GC went from being Eastern region to London Midland Region- ex-GCR/ LNER locos rubbing shoulders with ex-LMS and of course BR standards, plus Metropolitan Bo Bo electrics, dreadnought carriages, T-stock and the Ashbury Chesham carriages.  1960s you have T-stock, A-stock, ex-LMS locos, BR standards, early DMUs....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived