Seaboard Southern 2013 US Train Show - Sat 21st September

warbonnetuk

From an exhibiting point of view it did seem to be more of a general show, perhaps "darker than darkside" traction modelling needs more if an introduction...

I'd better expand that comment now I've managed to spend today doing more normal family things and getting back to reality, and had a chance to reflect on the show- obviously my field of modelling isn't exactly mainstream, but judging from past experience and questions asked, the show seemed to attract quite a few non-US/Can orientated modellers, which can only be good....!!

It was indeed...

It was a really enjoyable little show, with a uniformly high standard of layouts; well worth a visit.

I made my customary trip around the show with my camera;

My journey to the dark side was compounded by the purchase of three Atlas boxcars (all 1950s/60s era) plus an Accurail kit for a 40' steel reefer. I sense a slippery slope being encountered here!  :O

You must have caught Wiley City at the end when the 1940's stock made a quick appearance. I don't suppose you were the chap to whom I was talking about build and paint dates on US stock...?

• RMweb Premium

You must have caught Wiley City at the end when the 1940's stock made a quick appearance. I don't suppose you were the chap to whom I was talking about build and paint dates on US stock...?

Nothing quite that sophisticated I am afraid! We talked briefly about the pantograph's contact with the wires.

Wiley City is a really well executed little layout.

A good time was had helping out here, there, anywhere. Didn't manage to take any photos. Just now back up and walking after popping my hip out of place late on Saturday afternoon. Apologies to those I meant to help/chat with at the end of the day. It ended up being a last second decision to make my way home.

• RMweb Gold

A good time was had helping out here, there, anywhere. Didn't manage to take any photos. Just now back up and walking after popping my hip out of place late on Saturday afternoon. Apologies to those I meant to help/chat with at the end of the day. It ended up being a last second decision to make my way home.

I wondered where you went!

So no trip away as planned then?

ian

Archived