Abingdon show 2 March

ullypug

• RMweb Premium

Haven't seen a thread for this, but I'll be representing the EM Gauge Society. Come along and say hello.

Saturday 2nd March 2013 at 10am – 5pm
White Horse Leisure & Tennis Centre
Audlett Drive, Abingdon Oxon OX14 3PJ

Details from the club site here: 

• RMweb Premium

Went to the show today, very enjoyable, everyone was very friendly, nice selection of layouts and traders, picked up a few bit and bobs. I looked at the traders stands and could not find one Thompson 01they must be scarce. Anne Diamond opened the show, who would have thought she was a keen railway modeller, apparently she runs GWR, not sure what gauge but she said her next layout will be DCC!

Anne Diamond opened the show, who would have thought she was a keen railway modeller, apparently she runs GWR, not sure what gauge but she said her next layout will be DCC!

Old thread here:

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/61252-anne-diamond-has-a-model-railway/

Apparently her current layout has attracted the offer of a free guided visit to Pendon as well as altering her house-hunting priorities:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/annediamond/2013/01/my_model_railway_has_even_chan.html

Went to the show today, very enjoyable, everyone was very friendly, nice selection of layouts and traders, picked up a few bit and bobs. I looked at the traders stands and could not find one Thompson 01they must be scarce. Anne Diamond opened the show, who would have thought she was a keen railway modeller, apparently she runs GWR, not sure what gauge but she said her next layout will be DCC!

I discussed model railways with her on her Radio Berkshire show a couple of years ago. And one of my RSME colleagues recently repaired a loco for her - I think it was a Dean Single!

Agreed - the exhibition was a good show. :-)

• RMweb Gold

Lovely show as usual - some very nice layouts and daughter and I even got to spend some time as 'relief operators' on 'Q Dump' while the owner popped off for his lunch so - as at least 3 RMweb members observed, reasonably politely, we were doing a spot of learning on the job; great fun for all that and we didn't break anything (i'm fairly sure).  Nice to se Missy and the GW yard crane looking very fine in its coat of grey plus certain other of her projects coming along nicely.  it will be interesting to hear if Missy's signal operation methods get to work on Phil Bullocks delectable railway.

Archived