Shunters & shunting layouts

switcher 1

I critisized Dapol's first attempt at wagon making, as did others, though of good enough quality for a garden railway, the purchasers where mainly indoor modellers, who expected better quality.

I believe this is why it is taking so long, not forgetting the quantity that they will have to produce, to make the investment in 0 gauge profitable.

Also if they don't produce sufficient quantities to satisfy demand, 'pre ordered' & 'hidden', they could yet have problems.

I sincerely wish them well on this venture, the more manufacturers producing 0 gauge, the better it is for all of us.

• 11 months later...

Hello this topic seems to have gone to sleep. Is this content now being included in some of the other layout topjcs, if so should this get moved into one of them?

I ask as I had forgotten all about it and there some useful links.

Regards

I'm afraid I went over to the 'dark side' (American diesels) to make use of my 'large' Peco turnouts, as they look ridiculous, (to me), on a shunting layout. However, I ran out of space to create a decent layout so down sized to H0 for the American ISL (Industrial Switching Layout).

I still intend to make 'micros' in 0 gauge, but I need small radius points!!!

I may have to try making some myself, but am not confident, as I tend to make a mess of most things I try to alter.

When ARE we going to see the promised small radius Peco turnouts?!

P.S. Thanks for resurecting this thread, I had forgotten about it with my many changes of computers & O/Ses. (My main hobby.)

Hello this topic seems to have gone to sleep. Is this content now being included in some of the other layout topjcs, if so should this get moved into one of them?

I ask as I had forgotten all about it and there some useful links.

Regards

Perhaps a moderator could 'pin' this thread for us so that it does not get forgotten (?).

Edit: Have requested this topic to be 'pinned'.

• RMweb Premium

So with a black Ixion Hudswell Clarke & a black Dapol Terrier, who is going to produce a nice little black 'P' class for me to purchase. :locomotive:

You can buy mine if you like!

Dava

Guest Jim Read

I still intend to make 'micros' in 0 gauge, but I need small radius points!!!

Hello Switcher,

I have a drawing for a 34" radius point you would be very welcome to it, they are so very easy to make. For the cost of one manufactured point you could make the whole of the track for a micro layout.

If you or anyone else would like the drawing please let me know your email address through the site messaging system.

Cheers - Jim

• 3 weeks later...

I'm working on my own shunting micro at the moment, I'll be starting a thread here soon.

I've just picked up an Atlas Plymouth 0-6-0 on the bay of E and plan to see what I can make with it when it arrives. :)

In the mean time, there's a really nice micro on another forum that is simple but really well executed. I've no connection to the builder other than being impressed with their work:

http://yourmodelrailway.net/view_topic.php?id=9634&forum_id=21&highlight=7mm

Looking good Daniel, quite some atmosphere about.

Have a look at these, there are others too.

1/ http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/80008-after-reely-grate-comes-primrose-hill/    2 for the price of one.

2/  http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/15931-bury-thorn-sons/   some interesting photos of some aspects that could be added to your plan.

Following with interest.

Regards

Thanks Barnaby. :)

Reely Grate and Bury Thorn and Sons, along with Moving Coal and Jim Read's layouts are what inspired me to get into O gauge in the first place :)

I've sold on my UK N gauge stock and gone completely Stateside with that but I can still have a UK layout with O gauge! :)

Archived