Mill Street Sidings

West_riding

Hello, like many I left Model railways when I went off to Uni and got rid of all my rolling stock and track. Ten years on and I've started a small shunting layout to get back into the hobby. I have been pleasantly surprised by how far the hobby has come in 10 years, Scalescenes, weathering powders, static grass applicators...

I've attached photos of where I've got to so far, I've found I have far more patience these days and I think my skill levels have come along as well.

post-18589-0-90374800-1362343137_thumb.jpg

post-18589-0-31900700-1362343158_thumb.jpg

post-18589-0-80349700-1362343221_thumb.jpg

I've tried to keep the date fairly flexible, but most of my stock is for the midland region of BR in the late 50s-early 60s period. I haven't a huge amount of money, so I've been picking up stock second hand, then repainting, detailing and weathering them. Currently my favourite is a grubby triang jinty that has been converted into a Midland jinty with condensing gear.

Many thanks for all the comments, its about 4 ft x 10 inches. It's designed to fit on a shelf under the stairs, the only space the missus said I could have! I've got legs for it, but if I'm not running anything it's as easy just to pop it on the kitchen work top. I haven't thought about a fiddle yard yet, not sure whether to go with points or a traverser to keep the length down.

• 2 weeks later...

I've also been working on a boiler house, using parts from the Scalescenes warehouse and a scratch built roof. I've tiled one side of the roof, which is tedious in the extreme but should be worth it once its been painted and weathered.

post-18589-0-88276100-1363646759_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Archived