Leamington & Warwick MRS 39th Annual Exhibition, 8th & 9th March 2014

OldNick

More traders booked for 2014.

Grimy Times will be joining us for the first time and Hedgerow Scenics will be back again.

Also a special feature from Stafford Railwayana Auctions who are joining us for the first time.

They will be offering free valuations on their stand for any railwayana items you bring along to the show.

Full update as always at www.lwmrs.co.uk

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pleased to advise that more traders have joined in for our 2014 exhibition.

These include: D&E Videos, Finishing Touches, Parrish Paintings, Shawplan and Squires Model & Craft Tools.

PLUS another new trader for 2014 we welcome - Trackside Signs.

As usual keep an eye on our website for all the latest updates.

Dave

In finalising the list of layouts attending our 2014 event I am pleased to announce the following in addition to those already posted.

We have Clayhanger Yard (from the Hornby magazine article series), Edgeworth, Hampton End, Kimble (Our Societies 7mm O gauge layout), Latham's Brewery, Richmond (a new P4 layout by our Society member Ian Spalding), The Motive Power Depot, Theddingworth (For Hornby Dublo enthusiasts) and a Thomas interactive layout for the younger visitors.

So a total of 26 working layouts will be on show in March next year.

I would also like to pass on our Societies best wishes to you all for the holiday season soon to be upon us.

Dave

• 3 weeks later...

To kick off 2014 I would like to wish all Model railway Exhibition Managers success with their events.

I have just completed the layout for our event on 8th & 9th March.

85 exhibits in all so our largest exhibition so far.

Our website is right up to date and I will try to place a hall layout diagram here in the near future.

Visit www.lwmrs.co.uk for full details.

Best wishes to all.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I am pleased to announce that Freestone Models will be joining us again at our Exhibition in March.

Also very pleased to welcome Old Time Workshop as a new trader for 2014.

Disappointingly Squires Model & Craft Tools have decided to withdraw from this years event.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Photos of the layouts booked for the show can be found here https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.592641550804311.1073741828.139727339429070&type=3

They, and a bit more info on each are also to be found on our website http://lwmrs.co.uk/CMS/index.php/exhibition-layouts-63

A full list of the traders is also shown on the website http://lwmrs.co.uk/CMS/index.php/traders

Less than 5 weeks to go now, we hope to see you there!  I'm coming from my home in Austria, really looking forward to catching up with old friends.

Follow the links from this page for transport options to the NAC, including a Bus from Coventry bus & rail stations...:

http://www.stoneleighpark.com/directions.aspx

Please note that the 539 Service bus from Coventry to Kenilworth only operates on the Saturday of the show and NOT on Sunday. It starts from Coventry Pool Meadow bus station but doesn't enter the railway station so a walk to the bus stop on the bridge outside the station is required. It also stops at the entrance to the show ground leaving a 10 minute walk to reach the Exhibition Centre on the show ground site.

If arriving by train we strongly recommended that you come via Leamington Spa station and use our special bus service which will take you door to door. The first bus will be leaving from the main road outside Leamington Spa Station at 9:30am and on the half hour thereafter. You can return to the station on it as well!

• 2 weeks later...

Please note that if you are planning to travel north west on the Chiltern line out of London Marylebone to attend our show via Leamington Spa station and our special bus service your journey may be affected by engineering works.

Check the Chiltern Railways website for full timetable changes at http://www.chilternrailways.co.uk/news/travel-information-8-and-9-march

Almost there - time to pack up Kimble tonight, and get ready to start loading the van tomorrow. 

Looking forward to seeing as many of you as possible at the exhibition this weekend.

We've no snow forecast this weekend! (Remember last January?) and everything is (we hope) ready for a great exhibition.  

post-1931-0-62707900-1394123314.png

• RMweb Premium

I'll be there with Foundry Lane, this is likely to be the last exhibition before I retire the layout from the circuit.

FL is all loaded in the car ready to set up tomorrow after work. Will have about half the BCB rolling stock fleet with me so should be plenty of stock for the little layout!

Kimble safely packed and awaiting loading this morning, just off to collect the van for moving it and all the other club stuff.

Hope to see some of you over the weekend, come and say hello, the fat bald bloke probably with a soldering iron in his hand. Just ask on the stand for Peter L.

Good luck to all exhibitors and traders, hope our new date works well, at least it's not snowing - yet.

Archived