Leamington & Warwick MRS 39th Annual Exhibition, 8th & 9th March 2014

OldNick

The 39th Leamington & Warwick Model Railway Exhibition

Sat 8th - Sun 9th March 2014

VENUE - Hall 2, Stoneleigh Park Exhibition & Conference Centre 
OPENING TIMES: SATURDAY 10am to 5pm, SUNDAY 10am to 4pm
ADMISSION: Adults £7  Concessions £6  Children £4  Family (2+2) £18 tbc

INCLUDING: Working layouts in many scales, extensive range of trade support & refreshments all in one hall.

PLUS: FREE PARKING & FREE PROGRAMME (while stocks last)

Following an EGM held last night (7th March 2013), the Leamington & Warwick Model Railway Society can confirm that the Annual Exhibition has been moved from our traditional date in January to the second full weekend in March, with effect from 2014.

The decision was made as a result of the weather conditions in January this year which severely affected visitor numbers, the second time in the past five years that the weather has had a significant impact.

With the busy exhibition calendar these days there's never an ideal weekend to move to, but the date was chosen as being the one previously occupied by the Kidderminster exhibition. Inevitably it does coincide with other exhibitions; but we have avoided clashes with other Midlands two day shows.   

Exhibitors and traders who were booked for January 2014, David Hewett, our exhibition manager will be contacting you shortly to discuss the change of dates. We hope you will all move with us, or if that is not possible book for our March date in a future year.  

In other respects, our plans for the show are to follow the plans for the 2013, back in January. We have the same excellent venue confirmed for the March date, and we intend to bring you at least the same total and overall mix of 20+ layouts, 30+ traders, and a total of 75+ attractions as were booked for this year.

We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible in a year's time.

[edit - dates corrected]

• RMweb Gold

What a sensible idea and an excellent one filling the void left by the Kiddie show.You won't hopefully have to worry about the weather then.The only drawback is having to wait a whole year for the show now. ;)

It should be the 8th/9th for 2014 but I commend you on your forward planning getting the message out there asap. generally I'd say it's a sensible move from the weather perspective but as it coincides with my birthday it's guaranteed to be lousy weather (it's an ongoing family saga - do you want to go away etc - what's the point is my stock reply).

Good luck and I wish you all the best with a sensible move.

You won't hopefully have to worry about the weather then.The only drawback is having to wait a whole year for the show now. ;)

The forecast for this weekend is probably worse than most of the regular January weekends in previous years....!

I do commend the organisers for choosing to move dates, not just for the weather but also because it might help to have a longer period after Warley and for reinstating a quality show in this area at that time of year.

• 3 weeks later...

I am pleased to advise that the layouts Eaton Gomery, Bad Feriendorf and Unserstadt, which had been invited to our 2013 exhibition but could not make it, are all going to appear at our 2014 event on the new dates of 8th & 9th March.

More news to follow.

Dave

• 1 month later...

David,

On behalf of all the guys at Scarborough & District Railway Modellers good look with your 2014 show. Hopefully at some time in the near future we will have the chance to attend your excellent show.

Ian Harper

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I am pleased to announce that Eileens Emporium will join us for the first time in March next year at our 2014 exhibition.

We look forward to welcoming them to Stoneleigh Park.

Other trade joining us again include: Picture Pride Displays, Mercian Models, Metropolis, Rural Railways, R.D.Whyborn and Classic Train and Bus.

I missed this years sadly due to ill health. But previous years were worth the visit I felt. So will be putting this show in the diary for next year so to speak.

Hopefully at some point will manage to make it down to the club again when health allows, sadly most of this year has been too hectic with health/moving/finances etc.

Archived