RMweb

Glenfinick, West Highland in N

Andrew P

Well the Telegraph poles are in, next will be the benches and then I need to pick up some people at the Derby Show next week.

I will be there on the Saturday helping out Nick Pallett with his East German HO layout. Hallsdorf. It will be good to run somebody else layout at a show as I have only ever been behind my own.

The PVA is slowly building up but at only two coats a day it is a painful process.

Bodgit

With the PVA still going on coat by coat and Day by Day it was time to do some more small touches to bring the whole thing to life, so today I have painted and fitted the Platform Seats, Lamp Posts and Telegraph Poles and then gone mad with the camera.

Sorry its all Green today but I couldn't be A**** to get the other stock out of the box.

post-9335-0-47594200-1367759179_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-06934000-1367759222_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-74627900-1367759262_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-42117300-1367759333_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-53214200-1367759367_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87995300-1367759414_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-69624700-1367759447_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-91981500-1367759495_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-69778800-1367759542_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87744400-1367759596_thumb.jpg

Bodgit

• Like 9

• RMweb Premium

Popped by to see how the tide was rising PVA was going on.

Looking very corporate in the station, Andy.  Job well done, there.

Also like love the green stuff. Looking stunning already... green grass of home...oops, sorry wrong country. :mosking:

Polly

• RMweb Premium

Shouldn't that be a shilling (1/-), Andy.  Prototype and all that.  :laugh:  

I come back to wish you a good weekend and find Glenfinick even busier with Bank Holiday weekend traffic.

Hope your passengers get home safely, tomorrow.  Better put up some "No Paddling" notices so they don't stick around too long.  :D 

Have good 'un.

Polly

Shouldn't that be a shilling (1/-), Andy.  Prototype and all that.  :laugh:  

I come back to wish you a good weekend and find Glenfinick even busier with Bank Holiday weekend traffic.

Hope your passengers get home safely, tomorrow.  Better put up some "No Paddling" notices so they don't stick around too long.  :D

Have good 'un.

Polly

You may notice that there are NO PASSENGERS, in fact no figures AT ALL             YET :telephone: :telephone:

Bodgitery :crazy: :crazy:

• Like 1

Great stuff.

I particularly like that first photo...most effective. That class 26 is a cracking looking model!

Thank you young man, I do like the 26 and that is what I run the most on Glen Roy at Shows and with SOUND.

Andy

• RMweb Gold

I love the way the details are lifting the layout really bring it to life. I wouldn't worry about the lack of passengers probably prototypical for the green era hahaha.

Don

I love the way the details are lifting the layout really bring it to life. I wouldn't worry about the lack of passengers probably prototypical for the green era hahaha.

Don

Hi Don. you are right about the population I will only have one or two people on the layout.

Bodgit

Great work Andy!

Very effective work.

I'm almost tempted to do something similar myself ....

Hi Richard, it is very therapeutic to just watch trains running around whilst doing other things.

Andy

• RMweb Premium

If it were me, Andy, the layout would be stuck in a "green era time-warp".

Very nice detailing - as usual. It's going to be so much fun when you get LL back!

Jeff

If it were me, Andy, the layout would be stuck in a "green era time-warp".

Very nice detailing - as usual. It's going to be so much fun when you get LL back!

Jeff

Hi Jeff, yes I am still building up stock for the Great Final Project but it can all be used on LL, I have posted the GUV pic on there in anticipation.

Bodgit

Cheers Guys, well Glenfinick has now come to a halt apart from some figs at the Derby show this weekend and just possibly some decent signals very soon.

Bodgit of the Glen :sungum:

Wow Andy, I've just been doing a quick tour of all your layouts. Have to say they are all awesome, some great scratch built stuff and detail. What are you going to do next?

Alan

Hi Alan, well thanks for posting and your comments are appreciated.

My next major project will be a re build of Loch Leven,

I sold it to a friend and he is now having my O Gauge Trebudoc after its last show in October and we will then swap back.

I have several ideas for that as one of its main drawbacks for exhibiting is a fixed, high backscene that make it difficult to get into a car. I am having several ideas going around in my head at the moment and so between now and October will be doing a lot of planning.

It will/may also have a new name and there will be a link once I start that.

Glenfinick now has its platform lamps and the people I bought at the Derby Show on Saturday, so after a short running session today and a re wire for the Bachmann controller it can now be used with this as well as the Gaugemaster Prodigy for more flexibility at shows if I decide to offer it around for next year.

Once again, it is the same old chestnut, I had a board offered to me and rather than build a nice new lightweight board, I used the FREEBIE and it really is to heavy even though it is only 6ft x 2ft. I can move it on my own, but it is difficult to balance and so I may put a carrying handle on the back so as to make it easier to carry.

Thanks Again,

Bodgit

• RMweb Gold

It is funny how people will use old boards even if they don't match what they really want. A bit of ply and some timber doesn't cost much. Still I suppose it gives you a head start. Makes me think of that song "It aint heavy it's my layout" ouch time to go I think.

Don

It is funny how people will use old boards even if they don't match what they really want. A bit of ply and some timber doesn't cost much. Still I suppose it gives you a head start. Makes me think of that song "It aint heavy it's my layout" ouch time to go I think.

Don

But the question is,= WHY, WHY WHY DO I KEEEEEEEP DOOOOIIIINNNGGGG IT? :no:

Flogit (and start again) :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: :sungum: