Glenfinick, West Highland in N

Andrew P

Hi Andy,

Those photos look great, the first shot shows how effective your back scene is but like the shots down and in the layout as it creates some great views and very realistic.

Thanks

Mark

Cheers Mark, thanks for your input, I will post some more pics in a day or so with the figures I bought at Derby at the weekend, and some Blue stock.

Bodgit

Edited by Andrew P

Here are some Little people of Glenfinick.

post-9335-0-05447300-1368782960_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-30367900-1368782977_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-24681300-1368782995_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-79700200-1368783009_thumb.jpg

Bodgit

EDIT = I think the lady on the platform has waited to long for her train :no: :no: :no:

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

Just managed to catch up as you finish!  It is a lovely looking layout.  You are obviously an artist and have a great eye for colour.  You make it seem so effortless..  Still, I suppose that is your skill.

I look forward to your next effort.

(I did not comment on your weathering on KL as I expeced it to be on here,  DER, they were 00!)

Andy,

Just managed to catch up as you finish!  It is a lovely looking layout.  You are obviously an artist and have a great eye for colour.  You make it seem so effortless..  Still, I suppose that is your skill.

I look forward to your next effort.

(I did not comment on your weathering on KL as I expeced it to be on here,  DER, they were 00!)

Thanks Chris, I have learnt about colour by trial and error, and advice from webb members along the way.

The Loch is coming on nicely and is about ready for photographing now that I have that colour right as well, (I hope).

Bodgit

• RMweb Premium

I feel very sorry for that lady on the platform, Andy. You must have been inflicting your curries on her!!

Lovely pics - the people bring the whole thing to life. Hope to see someone swimming in your PVA stream!

Jeff

Hi all, here are the FINAL PICS OF the LOCH, it has had the colour changed a couple of time but now with about 30 plus coats of PVA I am more than happy with the result.

post-9335-0-54677600-1368952743_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-82385200-1368952759_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-90336300-1368952791_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-29837200-1368952856_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-02423900-1368952926_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-67678400-1368952990_thumb.jpg

Bodgit

• Like 3

Andy

I have to admit that I was dubious about how good it would look but you've done another cracking job and it looks right.

Duncan

Thanks Duncan, yes I am pleased with it.

P.V.A. Bodgit and Sons

Very nice Mr P

Looks the part mate, well done

Bob

Cheers Bob, I am very pleased with it.

Andy

Just popped in on 'GF' and l must say Andy, that water looks the bizzzzzzz well done buddy, must admit l didn't think it would work...but it has well done mate..

George..     PS   'Whats the plan' for 'GF' now its finished ??

Just popped in on 'GF' and l must say Andy, that water looks the bizzzzzzz well done buddy, must admit l didn't think it would work...but it has well done mate..

SCRAP IT hahaaaaa

Bodgit

Probably in this order.

Show it, sell it , buy it back and change the layout. :jester:  :jester: :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  

Duncan

• RMweb Premium

SCRAP IT hahaaaaa

Bodgit

I suspect there's an element of truth in this.... As LL has re-kindled Andy's enthusiasm for 00, GF will be surplus to requirements. 

So will we see the "For Sale" signs going up shortly, Andy? I'm sure it'd be in demand.

Jeff

Probably in this order.

Show it, sell it , buy it back and change the layout. :jester:  :jester: :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:  

Duncan

Hi Duncan, not too far off the mark, Show it, Sell it, SPEND CASH ON OO SOUND CHIPS :O

Bodgit :sungum:

I suspect there's an element of truth in this.... As LL has re-kindled Andy's enthusiasm for 00, GF will be surplus to requirements. 

So will we see the "For Sale" signs going up shortly, Andy? I'm sure it'd be in demand.

Jeff

Hi Jeff, I will show it at our Clubs November Open Weekend and also Steve Flint wants to Photograph it for next year, THEN I WILL SCRAP IT SELL IT :no:

Bodgit the Builder :sungum:

Edited by Andrew P

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I have had an hour or two with the camera today, 142 pics later and here are a few of my favorites, First its the Blue period and I will post some Green Diesels later.

post-9335-0-21582900-1370117944_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-39162400-1370117966_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-87625100-1370117982_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-13541100-1370118001_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-13791700-1370118032_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-80210100-1370118047_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-24503000-1370118067_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-26360800-1370118085_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-74591200-1370118103_thumb.jpg

Bodgit

• Like 18

• RMweb Gold

Hi all, I have had an hour or two with the camera today, 142 pics later and here are a few of my favorites, First its the Blue period and I will post some Green Diesels later.

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 022.JPG

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 025.JPG

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 029.JPG

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 032.JPG

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 038.JPG

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 045.JPG

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 047.JPG

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 053.JPG

attachicon.gifGlenfinick June 2013 059.JPG

Bodgit

Andy,

Absolutely stunning. The backscene makes all the difference but all the scenery is just magic.

• RMweb Gold

Andy,

I was a bit quick off the mark and you put another superb set of pictures up.

I have a query.  None of the locos have chimneys so how do they work? ;)

More seriously though.  The scenery looks as though it might make a good home to some animals, like a little group of rabbits.  Nothing too big as it is near the railway, or are things like that not your style?

Andy,

I was a bit quick off the mark and you put another superb set of pictures up.

I have a query.  None of the locos have chimneys so how do they work? ;)

More seriously though.  The scenery looks as though it might make a good home to some animals, like a little group of rabbits.  Nothing too big as it is near the railway, or are things like that not your style?

Hi Chris, no sorry I try not to do to many gimmiky things on my layouts, I know some people like things like that but I a bit weird like that.

I have seen layouts at shows with cars on fire, Weddings, Funerals and the Fox Hunts all going on in a 6ft x 2 ft board.

When I went to Scotland I never saw a Deer, or any Highland Sheep and in fact, thinking about it I saw very little on Rannoch Moor, Loch Leven and Fort William.

Bodgit.

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I do not know about scotland but on exmoor we used to see quite a lot of Red deer. The big stag on the shyline is somewhat of a cliche but a couple of hinds amongst the trees would be more common. That is one of the things with wildlife squirrels, foxes etc may all be about but tend to be hidden in the trees and bushes a lot of the time. As for badgers if they are out in the daytime it is probably a sick one.

Cracking result Andy. If you sell this one you shall have to start trading as 'Baron Bodgit Layout Builder' do you think it has the right ring to it?

Don

• RMweb Premium

Don, I've told him before that he should set up in business. Him and GeorgeT together .... "Bodgit and George Ltd", would do very nicely for themselves.

Re. post #629: You know my liking for green diesels, so excellent. And the last photo - top view - is really stunning.

Jeff

Edited by Physicsman

Hello Bodgit, Must say your first venture into 2mm, has been a great sucess, cant believe its all finished so quickly, l like the pictures you have taken for the Railway Modeller, great stuff..

GT

• RMweb Gold

Andrew P, on 01 Jun 2013 - 22:48, said:

Hi Chris, no sorry I try not to do to many gimmiky things on my layouts, I know some people like things like that but I a bit weird like that.

I have seen layouts at shows with cars on fire, Weddings, Funerals and the Fox Hunts all going on in a 6ft x 2 ft board.

When I went to Scotland I never saw a Deer, or any Highland Sheep and in fact, thinking about it I saw very little on Rannoch Moor, Loch Leven and Fort William.

Bodgit.

Andy,

I know what you mean. I bought a layout once, no more than 5x 3 and it had an enormous church on it that was too big for the board let alone the village it was supposed to be in. There is a big difference between putting the finishing touches to a layout and adding stuff for amusement, or just for the sake of it.

The reason that I mentioned rabbits was because when I looked at the photos of the pictures near the Loch I expected to see rabbits as that appeared to be the type of place that they would live. I think it is a testimony to your modelling skills that the landscape suggests animals rather than you having to put the animals in to suggest the tpye of landscape.