Numeral font on MOS tank wagons

I have several Bachmann MOS tank wagons and would like to renumber them. The font has curved sections of numbers with their corners partly cut off, the zero for instance is quite a square numeral with the outside edge of each corner removed. I have seen this type of numeral elsewhere at times but I can't find the font in a pretty comprehensive typeface book.

Does anybody recognise the font or better still know if transfers are available? If you have a illustrated catalogue the Bachmann cat. no. is 33-510.

Edward

I have several Bachmann MOS tank wagons and would like to renumber them. The font has curved sections of numbers with their corners partly cut off, the zero for instance is quite a square numeral with the outside edge of each corner removed. I have seen this type of numeral elsewhere at times but I can't find the font in a pretty comprehensive typeface book.

Does anybody recognise the font or better still know if transfers are available? If you have a illustrated catalogue the Bachmann cat. no. is 33-510.

Edward

It might be useful to contact John Isherwood of Cambridge Custom Transfers. He does quite a lot of transfers for tank wagons of this era, and might know if any of them would be usable.

You could use something like GIMP to cut the numerals out of a photograph and then produce your own artwork.  John Isherwood doesn't do custom printing, but John Peck at Precision Labels will do them for you.  I've done quite a few.  If you don't need white printing you can do them yourself on a common or garden inkjet onto transfer paper.

Archived