Bachmann Collectors Magazine

Fairburn

Neither of these worked together as Lab 10 was used on the POP (Power Nil Power) Test Train & Lab 11 worked as part of the Tribology Train with 97201 or Ixion 97403 - http://www.departmentals.com/photo/975046.

It should run with 975075 & 999900.

See the link for the POP Train Open Carriage wagons which appeared between Lab 10.

• RMweb Premium

Going to bin my collectors club membership. Going for a Hornby one. Their B17 offered this year looks excellent

Care to elaborate at all?  I was actually thinking of joining, so I'd be interested to hear why you've posted that.

Care to elaborate at all?  I was actually thinking of joining, so I'd be interested to hear why you've posted that.

Steve,

it all depends what you want out of a 'collectors club'.

Bachman's magazine is geared at enthusiasts and it includes the catalogue and a nice calendar. Plus every quarter they highlight the development stage of models that are in progress. I don't often purchase the special locomotives and prefer the Bachmann combination.

Hornby's regular magazine is more geared towards newcomers to the hobby.

(Both of them have regular articles by Pat Hammond.)

• RMweb Premium

I think the Bachmann Collectors Club is well worth the money

Steve,

it all depends what you want out of a 'collectors club'.

Bachman's magazine is geared at enthusiasts and it includes the catalogue and a nice calendar. Plus every quarter they highlight the development stage of models that are in progress. I don't often purchase the special locomotives and prefer the Bachmann combination.

Hornby's regular magazine is more geared towards newcomers to the hobby.

(Both of them have regular articles by Pat Hammond.)

Thanks both; I picked up a leaflet on the Bachmann stand at the York show and was seriously thinking about joining, if the magazine is any good (which it sounds as though it is); I like Malcolm Root's paintings so it sounds as though the calendar would be worth having too.  I like to think of myself as a 'modeller' rather than 'collector', but am happy to support Bachmann for the range of useful products they've introduced in recent years, not least the good range of 'everyday' wagons which continues to expand.

Hi, sorry. Basically, since the Ivatt 4 from Blyth Shed, some ten years ago. There has not been a model to satisfy my modelling needs since. Bachmann do not seem interested in the North East of England in recent years. It depends on your modelling needs really. The magazines can be ok. Nice calendar every year.

Although the wagon included in the membership are a nice touch. They are no good for my layout or era but I like to collect them regardless, but that alone is not really worth the annual membership for me. I'll make a final decision when the last magazine of the year arrives.

I'm not  member of the club - not my scene. However, at Ally Pally, in the display case for club items, I noticed a wagon labelled "Fleetwood Fish" (or similar). Can anyone enlighten me on this, as I collect items from this area and would like to get hold of one? Maybe a catalogue numer would help for an internet search?

Stewart

at Ally Pally, in the display case for club items, I noticed a wagon labelled "Fleetwood Fish" (or similar). Can anyone enlighten me on this, as I collect items from this area and would like to get hold of one? Maybe a catalogue numer would help for an internet search?

Perhaps this one Stewart?

This is the NE fish van - also available in two BR liveries.

• RMweb Premium

Hi, sorry. Basically, since the Ivatt 4 from Blyth Shed, some ten years ago. There has not been a model to satisfy my modelling needs since. Bachmann do not seem interested in the North East of England in recent years. It depends on your modelling needs really. The magazines can be ok. Nice calendar every year.

Although the wagon included in the membership are a nice touch. They are no good for my layout or era but I like to collect them regardless, but that alone is not really worth the annual membership for me. I'll make a final decision when the last magazine of the year arrives.

I see, thanks.  Not sure the free wagons would always be my cup of tea either, really - could always use them for weathering practice! :)

I'm not  member of the club - not my scene. However, at Ally Pally, in the display case for club items, I noticed a wagon labelled "Fleetwood Fish" (or similar). Can anyone enlighten me on this, as I collect items from this area and would like to get hold of one? Maybe a catalogue numer would help for an internet search?

Stewart

Dennis has dropped me a note about these:

37-074K4 2007-8 OO Wagon set.jpg

The wagon on display in the Bachmann Collectors’ Club to cabinet to which Stewart refers was one of three in the 2007-2008 set of three private owner wagons produced exclusively for BCC members.

They are long sold out but a photo of the three is attached. The box of three wagons was issued as 37-074K to aid identification. 504 sets with numbered certificates were issued.

What is the latest issue of the Collectors Club that everyone has received?

Is the Spring version out and does it come with the Bachmann 2013-14 catalogue?

There are some items listed as 'new' on Bachmann's website that I don't recognize:

June/Jul .... 32-218 Class 57XX 8709 GWR Green (GREAT WESTERN)
June/Jul .... 32-127B Class 45XX Prairie Tank 4555 GREAT WESTERN Green
§ ............... 31-129A 3000 Class (ROD) 2-8-0 3028 GWR Green (GREAT WESTERN)

Also a 56xx and an 8750 in "G W R" green

yes the spring one is out and came with catalogue

got mine about three weeks ago

Thanks John. The last time I got spun up about my magazine not arriving, it came the day after I called them. There is at least a two-week lag here in the US for the Bachmann Collectors Club magazine to arrive. (Not so with other periodicals. There's clearly some difference in shipping methods.)

• RMweb Premium

Still not had mine here in Portugal so spoke to the Club this morning. Apparently they have changed their distributor but all (UK and overseas) were supposed to be sent by First Class mail. I was asked to wait until 16 April (i.e. one month after posting) to see if it arrived, before they can send replacements.

I've been a member of the collectors club for 6 years or so now, and have to say that I think it well worth the £20-odd a year I pay for it. For that, you get the quarterly magazines which include updates on where announced models are from CAD designing through to approved for production, a wagon (each year in the authentic livery of a wagon manufacturer of old), a lovely high quality picture calendar of Root paintings (currently a fantastic one of a Manor on Talerddig), a copy of each year's catalogue and exclusive access to special edition locomotives and wagons - they usually do two to four special locos, and a set of three wagons - one each from England, Scotland and Wales - per year.

I've only used the access to the special locos once - got the latest C Class in SE&CR grey, and got exceptional service. It arrived and unfortunately the brake rodding for the loco, a separate detail, was broken, so I rang up the collectors club - within the week I got a full set of the additional parts for the loco including the replacement piece.

Good service, interesting magazines and a host of quality bits a year - what more could you want!?

• 2 weeks later...

Still not had mine here in Portugal so spoke to the Club this morning. I was asked to wait until 16 April (i.e. one month after posting) to see if it arrived, before they can send replacements.

Do any international subsribers to the Bachmann Collectors' Club have the March (Spring?) issue yet?

It's now a month and I am still waiting here in the US. At this point it feels like the overseas magazines were dumped in a skip somewhere.

Do any international subsribers to the Bachmann Collectors' Club have the March (Spring?) issue yet?

It's now a month and I am still waiting here in the US. At this point it feels like the overseas magazines were dumped in a skip somewhere.

Mine arrived in Sydney with the current catalogue about ten days ago.

• RMweb Premium

Mine arrived last week, in a very fragile clear plastic bag that had split, although nothing had actually fallen out. A Swedish mail service seems to have been used (but that does not mean they have gone via Sweden) and the pre-printed label said "Economy B" (perhaps B for boat) so not surprising it took so long.

Feedback has been given to the Collectors Club, but even if you've now received yours I think they would appreciate more.

Archived