Masking

Hi all,

I am currently working through my next project of Network Rail coach 80211, while I wait for the pantograph and transfers for 975091. However I am unsure of how to mask the ends so they can get sprayed in the yellow and black stripes.

Does anyone have any idea how to go about doing this? There is a photo of one of the ends of 80211 below so you get an idea of what I'm after.

Chees, James

80211-3.jpg

What about painting the ends yellow.then apply the black stripes by using the appropriate width black decals?You can obtain waterslide decals in various widths and colours from Hannants.

Malcolm

James

George Dent has just produced a very good article in the new issue of Modelrail explaining a very easy way of adding wasp stripes to a model.

This should help you in achieving what you want.

I look forward to seeing your finished model?

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the advice guys, 80211 is getting near completion, just need to add the number transfers and add some pipes to the ends, I'll get some photos of the coach at various stages tomorrow.

Am I right in thinking this is a support coach for a glass carrier?

Also in need of some inspiration for my next conversion, might have a go at a DBSO but that seems quite ambitious, do etchings exist to help with the conversion?

Cheers, James

• RMweb Premium

Thanks for the advice guys, 80211 is getting near completion, just need to add the number transfers and add some pipes to the ends, I'll get some photos of the coach at various stages tomorrow.

Am I right in thinking this is a support coach for a glass carrier?

In the guise in the photos, 80211, along with 975498 and 975482, were being used as temporary buffer stops in Derby station, whilst engineering work was being carried out on the station roof. For a number of weekends in 2008, these three were regularly shunted into Derby station.

http://www.departmentals.com/photo/80211975498

http://www.departmentals.com/photo/975482-1

Cheers,

Mick

Archived