Schneefluegen - Snowploughs

To celebrate the lovely weather in the UK, I have spent the afternoon refurbishing my OBB Klimaschneeplug (i.e. snowplough as designed by Mr. Klima). These were a standard class of vehicle 9895xx built on a clutch of ex German army bogie goods wagons left behind in 1945. The interior has a Westinghouse pump to work the various bits of kit, including adjusting the plough under the vehicle to lift it clear of 'twixt rail obstructions, the centre plough lifting kit, lots of pipes and a fair bit of room of the five man crew. Mine only has an operator and the PW Inspector, 'Bahnmeister', I really am not sure what the other three members of the crew were for, one as a lookout? Someone to keep the coffee flowing ? A back-up operator? Someone to stand on the rear platform and shout instructions to the driver of the propelling loco? There was no real way of communication between the operator and loco driver except that the plough has its own whistle to warn of obstructions, the wrong kind of cow on the line and the like.

There were six of these built, mine is the 'extra one built because they needed it for the line I have invented' - the usual modeller's excuse. It is almost eight inches long in 1:45 and lumbers along quite nicely. Built on an HFB chassis by Kroess, in polystyrene, the lamps and so on were left over from my Kroess 2091 kit and the interior bits mocked up in the usual sort of way but I did buy a proper Westinghouse pump casting.

Did other n.g. lines have such implements?

Now if only I could figure out how to post a pic of it here ....

This one lives on the Pressnitztalbahn in Saxony. Anything like yours?

post-9472-0-63291100-1364153041_thumb.jpg

Best wishes

Eric  

PS You should find a button marked "more reply options" in the reply space. If you click on it, it goes to a different window which allows you to add attachments.

attachicon.gif10 02 Pressnitztalbahn 11.JPG

Best wishes

Eric  

PS You should find a button marked "more reply options" in the reply space. If you click on it, it goes to a different window which allows you to add attachments.

This appears to have worked.  Thank you.

post-12674-0-21876000-1364155973_thumb.jpg

Fortunately the OeBB machine is a straightforward shape and not difficult to detail - the worst bit is the lettering but Peter Blackham sorted that out for me. The obsessive bit was the interior detailing ... fortunately a friend of a friend is a volunteer on the Steyrtal and he posted me some pix of the inside of their preserved example. I think I need to do some more retouching to the interior paintwork though,

:mosking:post-12674-0-42987900-1364213283_thumb.jpg

attachicon.gif10 02 Pressnitztalbahn 11.JPG

Best wishes

Eric  

"Engineer" on Shapeways does one, I have one and it's very nice:

http://www.shapeways.com/model/198213/schmalspur-schneepflug-spur-h0e.html?li=productBox-search

• 4 weeks later...

Archived