Identify formums with new posts

There is a very large number of forums listed on the home page, organized into several groups. It seems that only the most recent new post in each group is identified.

There are so many forums that it is impractical to follow them all - especially as some of the topics have been running for a long time.

I would find it very helpful if forums with new topics were flagged - perhaps by having their titles in bold text. That way I could see if there might be something to interest me.

It would also be useful if there was a button on the home page to get the system to mark all the existing posts as having been seen by me so that next time I visit your website the forums with bold titles would be those with new posts since the time when I "marked" everything as read.

As far as I know this would be an easy addition to the program that runs the site.

Thanks

...R

• RMweb Gold

I used to find this a problem until I changed to using "View New Content" which brings up every topic with a new post since I last looked - then I can quickly scroll down looking at the ones I might be interested in - and I've found some gems I would never have come across if I had just looked at the forums which most interest me.

David

• RMweb Gold

It would also be useful if there was a button on the home page to get the system to mark all the existing posts as having been seen by me

Hi Robin,

To mark everything as seen, go to the extreme bottom left of the page and click Mark Community Read.

After that only new posts will be shown bold.

regards,

Martin.

Thanks all,

"mark community read" is a very useful tip - thanks. That solves one of my feature requests.

I don't want to use "View New Content" because I then spend far too long and get drawn into things I really wouldn't bother with otherwise.

There are no dots beside titles on the home page.

I would still like to see the home page modified to highlight the forums that have a new topic since the last time I "mark(ed) community read".

Thanks.

...R

Archived