Please use M,M&M only for topics that do not fit within other forum areas. All topics posted here await admin team approval to ensure they don't belong elsewhere.

Q&A - MREmag & RMweb Wishlist Poll 2013

Nice one Andy. Worked for me in Firefox.

Thanks Gra,

All I can suggest is for anyone experiencing a continued issue is to clear temporary internet files and attempt again. Successful votes are getting through but there's obviously some glitch where some entries didn't complete.

Exit and Clear Survey or send me a manual notification.

Having had to do that 3 times now, I give up!  Normally I would expect clicking a second time on an item would delete the selection, having to redo the whole thing gets a bit wearing. I have better things to do with my time - like getting back to my work bench.

• RMweb Gold

I don't know whether to click all the things I'd like (which is most of them), or just those I'd really want.

Ed

Hello Ed

If you have a look at 'The Purpose of The Poll' in the Q&A, you will see that its for any model that you would like to see produced sometime in the future. We did consider having a box for (say) 'Wanted sooner rather than later', but felt it overly complicated what is currently a simple and effective way of stating your wants.

Brian (on behalf of The Poll Team)

• RMweb Gold

Having had to do that 3 times now, I give up!  Normally I would expect clicking a second time on an item would delete the selection, having to redo the whole thing gets a bit wearing. I have better things to do with my time - like getting back to my work bench.

Hello Mike

We only have 'once chance' when voting in local or national elections. They don't provide erasers at the Polling Stations!

Andy and The Poll Team have worked hard to provide readers with a comprehensive Poll, and would welcome you having a further try. I found no problem in completing it slowly and carefully as the items 'get highlighted' by the cursor. 

• RMweb Premium

OK now.

The only observations I have relate to the software. The option buttons really should be check boxes so they can be cleared, and the ability to save one's results seems to have gone. However, since I'm no longer coding and I'm not up-to-speed on modern web methods (HTML 5, etc) I'm not going to complain.

Thank you Andy and the poll team for putting this up.

I just completed the N Gauge Poll. On the first page I'm sure it said OO in the title at the top.

I didn't see a facility to add items that were not listed and of course I can no longer go back in to make any amendments.

There are 3 items that I wished to vote for that I didn't see listed and am now unable to vote for them. They are actually my top three choices and are:-

BR Standard Class 4 (75xxx series)

ex LMS G2 (I know Union Mills do one but I want one to modern standards, ideally Bachmann shrinking their OO model)

BR Ballast Wagon - Mermaid

Please accept my apologies if I overlooked these items and/or the option to add my own choices but I didn't see them.

I just completed the N Gauge Poll. On the first page I'm sure it said OO in the title at the top.

Apologies, yes there was a reference to OO in a subtitle (due to copy and pasting in haste this morning) but it's definitely the N poll.

Working for me now - although, is it deliberate that some of the original options for preferences - mine included - have vanished?

The original list of eras this morning was a carry over from 2012 (again a copy and paste error) but that was corrected to the condensed 2013 list.

• RMweb Gold

There are 3 items that I wished to vote for that I didn't see listed and am now unable to vote for them. They are actually my top three choices and are:-

BR Standard Class 4 (75xxx series)

ex LMS G2 (I know Union Mills do one but I want one to modern standards, ideally Bachmann shrinking their OO model)

BR Ballast Wagon - Mermaid

Hello Littlethorpe

I will check the Std Class 4 with the NGS when possible (as our contact is off-line for a while). The G2 wasn't listed as it is made by Union Mills. The Mermaid isn't listed (and nor were dozens of other 'fish' types as we have to draw a line somewhere) - but we'll consider it for next year. 

• RMweb Gold

Whilst there is still more than enough to satisfy my purchasing power for the foreseeable future, I was a little surprised not to see an option for a further Drummond 4-4-0 (LSWR/SR/BR(S)), and apparently no choice of ex-LSWR goods stock which lasted into Era 4. The prospect of pre-grouping passenger stock is ambitious, (56ft non-corr, 3-Lav sets). I shall believe it when the first ones arrive at my front door.

Hello Peter

Do you have any specific Drummond 4-4-0s or ex-LSWR goods stock in mind?

We try to provide a broad range of items to vote for (including such as the 3 Lav sets) - it wasn't that long ago that people wouldn't have imagined Birdcage sets being available.

• RMweb Gold

Managed it at the second attempt but agree with the comments about it being preferable to be able to second click to clear a box. If that's not possible how about just restarting the section?

The aspect that I'm really not keen on is that everything I click in a section is treated as equally desired, which certainly isn't the case - being able to number in order of priority would give a much more useful outcome IMHO.

John

Reposted from the other closed thread ;

Voted today in the OO section.

A good range of subjects to choose from, but one important one missing - the LNWR 2-4-2t radial tanks both 4'6" and 5'6". Pretty sure these were in the lists last year so wonder if the wrong 2-4-2 tank might have been deleted ?

Also noted DoG in there in two versions even though Hornby have announced it.

Kudos to the team for producing the poll again this year, and to Andy Y for hosting it, but perhaps it might benefit in some small way from RMwebbers being able to "correct" the poll lists at some point between now and next March assuming there is a 2014 poll ?

Well, I filled in the questionnaire, thanks for the opportunity.

However, I did not see ant place for me to submit any requests.

I would second Phils comments... Filled in the questionnaire but was hoping to sumit a request for an updated Class 58 as the Class 59 was listed and new model Gatwick Express Luggage van but could only vote for the Network Rail varity. Hopefully if produced both versions may be produced.

I would second Phils comments... Filled in the questionnaire but was hoping to sumit a request for an updated Class 58 as the Class 59 was listed and new model Gatwick Express Luggage van but could only vote for the Network Rail varity. Hopefully if produced both versions may be produced.

Forgot to say, well done everyone on a difficult task.

• RMweb Premium

I just wanted to add now that I think we can all probably find deficiences with the poll software without too much trouble. I too would like to see something somewhat more elaborate with more flexibility, but unless we're prepared to step up to the plate and put together a bespoke set of web pages or a web application ourselves (or fund an alternative) then we can't really complain.

The original list of eras this morning was a carry over from 2012 (again a copy and paste error) but that was corrected to the condensed 2013 list.

Aha, that explains it :) Would still have voted for industrials if I'd had the option!

• RMweb Gold

In the diesel section of the guide the description of 10800 is not quite accurate in that she wasn't allocated the name of 'Hawk' until bought by Brush in 61 or 62 as a testbed for electronic control, whereas the guide lists her as withdrawn in 58. This could lead to confusion as she was very much rebuilt after going to Brush. Better not to have the Hawk name, or to have two seperate entries, one as built and one as rebuilt.

Likewise in the electric loco section, no british mainline electric loco ever had a seperate pan for 6.25kv and the Trix class 81 is not mentioned despite being a far better model than the TriAng one.

Sorry to be an anorak but I feel a site of the reputation of RMweb should not be putting its name to inaccurate information.

Andi

Archived