Thinking of scratch building a T14 in N gauge

Dorsetmike

Has anybody attempted this as yet in N or 2mm? My layour is set in 1930s, so it would be the Maunsell  "rebuilds" . So far I've done mostly kit bashing or hacking RTR, but there's not much to work on for the T14, there are kits for S15 and N15 the S15 tender kit would be close enough, but methinks there's not much chance of being able to bash either the N15 or S15 bodies enough to get anywhere.

Those bits of the motion coming through the footplate being probably the biggest challenge! The BHE N15 kit would probably provide boiler and cab but the footplate would need a lot of work; probably use an un-motored Farish Duchess chassis and the Fleischmann 8 wheel tender chassis as used in the S15 kit.

Ay thoughts or suggestions welcome, maybe someone who has done one in a larger scale might have some ideas.

Hmmmmmmmmm, looking at that it starts to look doable. Would mean quite a bit of Bodgem and Fudgit, probably a Farish Duchess chassis minus motor and rear pony truck (wheel size and spacing) reboilering a Langley S15 kit or BHE N15 kit with Langley tender. However first I need to finish an Eastleigh and a Scotch Arthur, an H15, D15,  X6 and G6, all currently in various stages in the works

Archived