Invergordon Station

Simon Moore

Hi all,

After a search on the internet for a suitable station building to go on my layout i've ended up liking Invergordon. I've been taking a good look via google maps streetview. I've also looked at images on google or via Flickr & i am struggling with some details.

I'm looking at the arched front of the station & i am trying to work out how the building was originally. I want to recreate a model based on this station but shortened down. I want to try & get the arched central part of the station incorporated into my model as i really like this feature. 

I'd like to know how it looked originally because from looking at the photos on the internet it's been heavily modified. The station looks as though it has at some point fallen into a poor state & only recently been revived although i could be wrong. 

Can anyone help me with images if possible of the station as it was in its prime ?

Cheers

Simon

It suffered from a fire relatively recently and was rebuilt in an amended form with some impressive railway themed murals on the platform side. What period are you thinking of modelling?- it had extensive sidings at times, and even into the seventies had  a good deal of freight workings. The Highland Railway Society -http://www.hrsoc.org.uk/ - is a good resource for projects like this.

Thank you everyone for the replies so far. 

From what i can gather the station overall hasn't changed much apart from as said a fire. What i would like to clear up is the roof section on the canopy & where the arch entrance is. Did the canopy have glass in it to let light in or was it covered with slate ??? The arched entrance doesn't have a roof section anymore & i would like to know how this section of the roof looked before it was dismantled.

My era for modeling is 1980's to early 1990's & i want to get it as near to the original look of the station as possible. Although i am not building an exact replica of the station i'd like to re-create something that follows the basic shape of the structure. 

I've been in touch with Andy Copp of Lochgorm models & he has given me dimensions of the etched windows & doors he doe's of highland pattern so i can use these to make windows on the building.

Simon 

Archived