Hogwarts express

Hilux5972

• RMweb Premium

Hi all. I recently purchased the hogwarts express loco, and once the new railroad mk1 coaches are released, I will be purchasing 5 in order to make the full hogwarts express. My question though, does anyone know of anywhere you can purchase the crest decals or transfers? Or am I going to have to produce these myself?

Hi all. I recently purchased the hogwarts express loco, and once the new railroad mk1 coaches are released, I will be purchasing 5 in order to make the full hogwarts express. My question though, does anyone know of anywhere you can purchase the crest decals or transfers? Or am I going to have to produce these myself?

Matching Mk1 coaches for the Hogwarts Express were available both in sets and sold separately for many years.

I believe they are no longer in the catalogue. You should be able to buy them second hand. I actually meant to pick up a couple myself to make up a four coach train (the Hogwart's express is nominally my son's) but forgot.

A quick Google search shows some on eBay. I expect these come up on auction regularly.

• RMweb Premium

The Hogwarts logo is subject to licensing restrictions so shouldn't be made available without permission.  Hornby released a couple of sets and those are still sometimes found either used or very rarely unused via online auctions.  The "Hogwarts Castle" loco in those sets wasn't actually a Castle IIRC but neither was the one used in the movies.  

The coaches should correctly be in the WCR version of maroon to match the train as in the films and which appears slightly lighter than the BR version to my eyes with WCR TOPS numbers in the 99xxx series as well.  

I haven't seen the logos offered separately anywhere.

• RMweb Premium

The new railroad coaches are gonna be a bit finer detail so I'd rather re number them. As for the crests I guess it's DIY time. And your right gwiwer, the loco in the movies was olton hall and this will be purchased from the railroad range when it is released.

The "Hogwarts Castle" loco in those sets wasn't actually a Castle IIRC but neither was the one used in the movies.

It IS actually a Castle which is the "problem" with it. Hornby presumably decided to use the ex-Aifix/Dapol Castle because it was the closest viable loco in their inventory to the Hall class actually used in the films.

The Hornby set was also offered in Germany by Märklin. The engine had an AC motor with skid pick-up, and couplings were changed to Märklin types. The set included Märklin studded track, and the box gave the scale as HO.

Archived