GWRPhil

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Have decided to thin out my Oo collection. Realised I had to much stuff which I wasn't running. So I'm getting rid of my Drs 66, freightliner 66, 166 FGW turbo and 5775 gwr steam loco and an excess of kernow limited edition ttas

• RMweb Premium

Had a delivery of satellite dishes today. Will be applying them to the homes on porthcressa. Will post some pictures once I've had chance to do it

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hopefully about to source a FGW buffet car for portcressa so I'll have a matching rake for the sleeper train. Had a moment the other evening. After all the work I've done on porthcressa I looked at it and thought what I could achieve with the same space if I started again with n gauge. Not a serious thought but it stayed in my head longer than o thought it might.

• RMweb Premium

Satellite tv has finally reached porthcressa

post-17016-0-37015500-1463328270_thumb.jpeg

Also the village corner shop has got a dish too. It is having its old glazing replaced with new double glazing. The nearest window has just had its old glass and frame removed

post-17016-0-00592400-1463328382_thumb.jpeg

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Was reading one of my followed layout feeds Aberdeen kirkhall and they were showing how they applied the pva water mix to ballast I was so impressed. It involves using a hand garden sprayer to get the perfect mist. Here's the link to the end post. If you start a couple above it describes the process and shows sprayer used.

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/1271-aberdeen-kirkhill-trsd/?p=2328455

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've started a topic to feature the layouts I see and photo/video at exhibitions I visit.

Here's the link

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/112455-exhibition-photo-and-video-diary/

Please visit and take a look. If you like please post any photos/videos of layouts you see

• RMweb Premium

Haven't had much chance to do anything to the layout in the last 4 weeks. Found some more signals recently (operational light ones) which I've installed in the yard. Need to get some more next time I'm at a show as I've got quite a few more to do

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Have been wondering recently if I carry on working on and progressing the layout. My interest in n gauge is growing and I'd really love to start a big n layout. Something that pursuing porthcressalodge will stop. I haven't decided yet but I may end up scraping the layout and selling off my stuff to fund building in n. This is not something that's gonna happen soon if at all but it's something I've been thinking about.

• RMweb Premium

If I do go ahead with the idea. My plan is to recreate porthcressa in n gauge mirrored using soneras base boards and completely red isn't new layout for porthcressa oo gauge area. This is all ideas ATM.

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Well the ideas have progressed.

At the moment the plane is to lift sonera and clean the baseboards back and then turn this side into an m gauge terminus with the fiddle yard running onto the bridge that currently links porthcressa and sonera. The oo track on the bridge will remain but be realigned so that a small section of the current sonera boards where the pond is can be used as a short fiddle yard.

Sonera shed will be reused by lifting the two tracks in the porthcressa yard that currently go behind the station building that houses the heritage railway offices and be realigned so that sonera she'd will go in the sidings place. The shay and sons brewery building will be removed from sonera as will the over bridge and will be placed behind the siding currently used for coaching stabling. It's a perfect long siding to use for a perfect siding to use for brewery purposes.

The shed in the far corner of porthcressa will be removed alongside the cottage next to it to make space for the fishing lake which will then sit perfectly next to the modern detached house in the corner.

Hopefully this all makes sense.

It gives me currently the best solution a decent size n gauge terminus on one side and a good size oo terminus on the other with albeit a very limited fiddle yard. It will mean that the porthcressa trains I'll generally run will be shorter dmus etc to work well with the fiddle yard. Means at some point I will be thinking of selling of my oo voyager stock but it's a sacrifice worth making.

If you have any suggestions/comments please feel free to post.

Thanks.

• Like 1