cheapest ticket

WIZ

hi, does anyone know of the cheapest way from Nuneaton to Newquay in the same day. cheers.

On which date, when will you be returning, and do you like riding on trains (I might send you on a roundabout route)....?

A quick look shows Nuneaton-Reading is from £14.50, Reading-Newquay is from £33.50.

I looked up a random weekday in a couple of weeks time and got

Nuneaton - Euston £10 single 10:35 ex Nuneaton, into Euston 11:49

Padd - Newquay £43.50 14:06 off Padd, change at Par, 19:21 arr Newquay.

Add just over £4 for a tube ticket and you're looking at about £58.

You may get it cheaper still by splitting again at Exeter or Plymouth

edit - yes the same train, but two tickets, Pad-Plym for £33.50 and Ply-Nqy for £6 saves you another £4.

• RMweb Premium

Keep trying different journey splits.  The cheapest fares are often via London rather than cross-country but occasionally you can find a real bargain by a most unlikely route possibly because the operators think no-one will actually make use of the fare.  If you split the ticketing remember your train(s) MUST stop at the station where one ticket ends and the next begins; it is not permitted to do this if the trains used do not stop or don't run via that station at all.  

As an example of the extremely unlikely I once priced Sugar Loaf to Rogart out of curiosity.  Between two remote halts and passing through three nations I got it down to £18 :O  

Network Rail's cheapest fare-finder page offers direct fares via Cross Country "From £19.50" which means if you have time to check every date and timing you should find one on offer at that price.. Within 5 minutes I have located a £32.50 fare for Saturday 15th June departing Nuneaton 07.35 arriving Newquay 14.36 changing only at Birmingham New Street (08.02 to 08.42).  Can you beat that?

Archived