my first recording and you tube video

I have done my first you tube recording of a class 66 leaving Midland Road today.

Any advice on filming and type of camera would be good ( at the moment I have a Fujifilm S4300 ) but am thinking about going to get a camcorder depending on costs etc for filming trains, model trains and my kids etc

regards

SGJ

I have done my first you tube recording of a class 66 leaving Midland Road today.

Any advice on filming and type of camera would be good ( at the moment I have a Fujifilm S4300 ) but am thinking about going to get a camcorder depending on costs etc for filming trains, model trains and my kids etc

regards

SGJ

Not half bad my man, though after the loco passed 15 seconds in, only the wagon neds will still be watching to the end! Having said that, a wealth of wagon modelling info can be gleaned from such footage so horses for courses.

• RMweb Gold

I would try and add a caption to the start of the clip and a "Thanks for watching" to the end - assuming you have editing software.

Personally I use a tripod / bracket and leave the video alone so it doesn't vibrate, I'm not a big fan of following the loco but your video looks good.

I use Panasonic cameras - the quality is excellent and I can plug external mics into them to get better directional sound.

Consider investing in an external microphone (if your camera supports one) - the difference in sound quality can be substantial (but try it first!)

An impressive start if that's your first.

Thanks for the comments, I will get a tripod, I cant find a plug for a external microphone, I have been told that Panasonic is good, a friend at work has a sony camcorder that looks ok too, When Jessops re opens I will have a visit to there shop and compare them in the flesh ( or plastic ). It might have already re-opened mind.

ttfn

SGJ

Archived