Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Hi Alan,

superb, great atmosphere, the whit wash walls always look the business with black relief  paintwork, we had the series tv program ' dock Martin' on last night and they furnished the village with your buildings :-)

cheers

Peter

• Like 2

Yup! Iain and the other guys have hit it on the nail. Amazing modelling to start with but those natural light shots takes it to a whole new level by some margin! As two-year old grandaughter Lucy would say, "It's betterer and betterer!"

Regards

Bill

• Like 2

Thanks, asa... I'm glad your daughter has found the cause. Poor thing, having to have a lumbar puncture...ouch.  I did wonder myself if it was a food intolerance...fine as long as it's not an intolerance to red wine in my case... or my life would suddenly get a little bit more dull  :jester:

cheers,

Iain

Iain,

That would be a case of learning to live with pain. Similarly I have been told to avoid wine and spicy food because of reflux, but the pleasure out weighs the pain.

LE

If Iain's buying the drinks in that pub it will be a small round ;)

Seriously, that is lovely.  Could just imagine sitting on a bench outside watching a cricket match on the village green opposite...

• RMweb Gold

Iain,

That would be a case of learning to live with pain. Similarly I have been told to avoid wine and spicy food because of reflux, but the pleasure out weighs the pain.

LE

Running a B&B and cooking breakfasts incorporating eggs, dairy, bread, etc, it's surprising just how many people are having problems with food intolerances. Only one kiwi fruit intolerance so far. My biggest challenges were egg, dairy and gluten, and then a couple, who between booking and arriving became vegan. They were very apologetic not to have mentioned it to me when I put a full English in front of them - but we have become friends since :)

I'm allergic to certain beers and certain wines. Unfortunately the list of wines I'm intolerant to is expanding, but on the other hand it does mean that I get to try new ones in the name of science. Beer tends to be special occasion or when I think buggrit.

So mine's a Cherry B or a Snowball thankyouverymuch.

Edited by JCL
  • Like 1

Interesting sub-thread about health.  I too have suffered migraines since the age of 12.  Tried a few  things, nothing conclusive.  Went to the GP, who is a stick like female of age 14.  

My cholesterol is too high, she announces in the Voice of Doom.  Rather spoiled the effect by then saying 'so you have a 5.6% chance of a heart attack or stroke in the next ten years' to which I cheerfully responded, 'Great!  So that's a 94.4% chance I won't! Thanks!'

I then had to have a blood pressure cuff fitted.  It had taken me 45 minutes to get to the surgery through the usual ambulatory semi-conscious twerps in cars, plus I'd had to go into the office first where I had one physical and one email oriented rage attacks.  Nurse not happy.  

'Your BP is too high, relax'  'I can't relax, I should be at work and I'm in a foul mood'  'Well, if you don't relax I'll have to keep you here' 'Oooh, do you promise?  Damn my blood pressure is rising!'

10 minutes later she tries again.  'Eh?  It's gone up again!  I'll have to ask Doctor.'  'Do you mean the 14 year old lady doctor?'

20 minutes later, she tries again. 'Its still too high' 'well that's cos I've been away from the office for an hour and now I need a pee'  'oh for heaven's sake, you can go.  Leave me in peace'

BP still too high as I left the surgery.  I lay down in a darkened room for several hours though, that should average it out nicely....

I shall endeavour to do as they asked, lower my cholesterol, lower my blood pressure, lose some weight and get some exercise.

After all, I'd like to be still modelling when I get to Iain's age, and when I get to Allan's age I shall be happy to still be alive.

Nay, lad.  A prairie shunting milk tanks surely.

That would also be a highly acceptable view!

... it's surprising just how many people are having problems with food intolerances. Only one kiwi fruit intolerance so far....

Kiwi fruit intolerance?  Didn't know The Long Haired Controller had stayed with you.  She literally blisters if she comes into contact with the stuff.

The biggest irony?  She's a New Zealander...

I suppose I'm lucky really. I can eat anything I want. The only problem I have is with beer. OK in moderation, but overdo it and I tend to fall over, blow bubbles and giggle a lot. So its a fine Scotch for me every time. That way I simply ooze in to a state of bliss and dream of the next Great Project!

Did someone mention Iain was buying? :angel:

Bill

Edited by Mythocentric

Wow!

Allan, the Tudor mansion is epic.

You wouldn't have said that about the two scrapped cock-ups that went before it Kev !

I don't know exactly what happened but whatever it was, it happened twice! It's been a while now since I've built anything in half timber and when you do, you have to space out the studding to suit the windows/bays - I forget that principle and had to dump three walls - TWICE !!!

So, now well fuming, I walked away from it and swore never to lift a Stanley knife again, sulked and made a chip sarney, got heartburn only to find that I'd run out of Renee's, sulked some more, then went to bed in a foul mood!

Come the morning, I went back at it with a vengance and  7 hours later had made some headway - tommorow I hope to do the same - if I don't cock it up again that is!

Cheers.

Allan.

• Like 1

Hee Hee! Way to go Allan! I've just spent the last few days laminating plasticard for the walls of a pub and decided to do a dry-run assembly this morning, sat there admiring my work with its nice pointy end walls, etc......then I remembered they are supposed to have flush chimney stacks! Oh bu&&er!!!!!

At least knowing that the Boss has off days makes me feel much better!

Regards

Bill :drag:

Edited by Mythocentric

Interesting sub-thread about health.  I too have suffered migraines since the age of 12.  Tried a few  things, nothing conclusive.  Went to the GP, who is a stick like female of age 14.  

I've suffered from migraines for about 40 years. I used to try to work through it and ended up being sick and having to go home. About 30 years ago my doctor prescribed Codydramol which helps to stop the pain and sickness and they worked pretty well.  Over the last 10 years or so the migraine has become less vicious. Nowadays they normally start at about 4.30am, so I take two tablets, go to the kitchen and eat a banana, back to bed and hopefully get some sleep and I'm usually ready for work by 8.

Dave 

• RMweb Premium

"So, now well fuming, I walked away from it and swore never to lift a Stanley knife again, sulked and made a chip sarney, got heartburn only to find that I'd run out of Renee's, sulked some more, then went to bed in a foul mood!"

This Renee, does she say this only once or does she tend to repeat on you?

regards

Ian

So, now well fuming, I walked away from it and swore never to lift a Stanley knife again, sulked and made a chip sarney, got heartburn only to find that I'd run out of Renee's, sulked some more, then went to bed in a foul mood!

Oh how a true artist suffers for his art.Renoir and Monet must have suffered in just the same manner.Not to mention poor old Vincent Van Gogh.

Poor Allan, lets hope he doesn't cut his ear off with the afore mentioned Stanley knife. :jester:

Oh how a true artist suffers for his art.Renoir and Monet must have suffered in just the same manner.Not to mention poor old Vincent Van Gogh.

Poor Allan, lets hope he doesn't cut his ear off with the afore mentioned Stanley knife. :jester:

Actually this week is cut week, it happens once a year where I remove vast slices of me with the Stanley knife. So far I've hacked two lumps off the right thumb and an impressive slice off my left. Today I'm going all out to remove as much flesh as I can before the week runs out.

Support your local slasher,has anyone got any spare bleed I can borrow?

Cheers.

Allan