"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

That was a great link, Allan, but it's not posted on your thread. No criticism, but how does that happen?

What link was that Hal ?

Usually if you go to another source illustrating your pictures you can copy the HTTP and paste it on here, or anywhere else you wish.

Cheers.

Allan.

Edited by allan downes

What link was that Hal ?

It arrived as a normal notification:

Wanna see what happens with this link

https://plus.google.com/photos/102804245221215747146/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1#photos/102804245221215747146/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1 (https://plus.google.com/photos/102804245221215747146/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1#photos/102804245221215747146/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1)

It is your work, obviously, but how was it sent? (the link template has nicked my text!)

Lately google have been sending Youtube notifications. I wonder if this is something similar? I think RMweb would not be happy with the idea... L8r I tried to send the full image but RMweb wouldn't let me.

L8r  Word doc copy of the full message. You might want to tell Andy Y.

RMweb

10:45 PM (1 hour ago)

to me

HAL 'O THE WYND,

allan downes (http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/user/18579-allan-downes/) has just posted a reply to a topic that you have subscribed to titled ""Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.".

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanna see what happens with this link

https://plus.google.com/photos/102804245221215747146/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1#photos/102804245221215747146/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1 (https://plus.google.com/photos/102804245221215747146/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1#photos/102804245221215747146/albums?banner=pwa&gpsrc=pwrd1)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

The topic can be found here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/70935-anything-you-can-do-i-can-do-better-robinson-and-downes/?view=getnewpost

If you have configured in your control panel to receive immediate topic reply notifications, you may receive an

email for each reply made to this topic.  Otherwise, only 1 email is sent per board visit for each subscribed topic.

This is to limit the amount of mail that is sent to your inbox.

You can unsubscribe at any time here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/unsubscribe/Zm9ydW1zO3RvcGljczs3MDkzNTsyMTM1ODsyMTM1ODtlY21sMTk2Mm1hZEBnbWFpbC5jb20,/

I hope this makes sense of the whole thing. (Template's nicked my text yet again!)

Hal

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND

Hi Hal.

Jeeeeeze Hal, that's all way,way beyond me mate !!!xxxxxxx computers eh !

Anyway, get a load of this bullxxxt as an example.

I went to a site that offered to check my medical records back to zero  but first they wanted to know the exact dates all of my family, past and present, when they had their flu jabs on. like you know that I would have phoned up kin once a year asking them all to let me know when they got their jabs so's I could keep a record of it !!!

But the registration was free  -  but what registration isn't ? - then after that they wanted major bucks at the same time in order to make things easier could I give ALL my long gone dead aunts, uncles, granddads, grandmas dates of birth, full names, where they were born etc which,when you think about, I was paying them to research my records while I did it for them !!!

American based company of course.

Cheers.

Allan

Edited by allan downes
  • Like 1

Nothing surprises me these days, Allan.

My daughter put her house up for rent when she moved into her partner's place, so she cancelled her household insurance... but they kept taking the money. Eventually, they agreed they were at fault and said they'd pay her back. Now, both she and us used Municipal and Mutual (Names Named) so what a surprise when they put her money into our account! Computers, the old "sh1t in sh1t out" And there are NO consequences for the employees who make these digital mistakes.

Regarding that post, though, I would tell Andy Y. because someone is using your name and RMweb account to post their stuff. OK, it's your Picasa pictures, but that isn't the point. Just mention the number of my detailed post - #4763 - and leave it with him. I would, for your security. ;)

Cheers,

Hal

EDIT Unless, of course, somewhere along the line you ticked a box giving them permission... 

Edited by HAL 'O THE WYND

Windows.

Here the upper storey main window frames have been cut out from 40thou black styrene and the whole sheet will be glued behind the main wall then trimmed back.

The diamond leading is Scalelink - cat. No  SLFO 84 - sprayed mid grey.

More later.

Cheers.

Allan.

post-18579-0-98974900-1423663136.jpgpost-18579-0-58684400-1423663150.jpgpost-18579-0-48744600-1423663169_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-17991600-1423663182_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Amazing! I spend a whole week making office furniture for the goods shed, meanwhile Allan whips up the whole front of a lovely, intricate Tudor building! :O :o :O :o  I'm definitely going to have to up my game here!

Regards

Bill

PS: How the hell do you make 4 mil scale chairs? I've got bits stuck all over the living room here! :scared:

I think the original builders 100s of years ago had a similar problem and I've walked on some very wonky floors over the years and hit my head on low ceilings when in such buildings. Did they make it up as they went along?

Amazing! I spend a whole week making office furniture for the goods shed, meanwhile Allan whips up the whole front of a lovely, intricate Tudor building! :O :o :O :o  I'm definitely going to have to up my game here!

Regards

Bill

PS: How the hell do you make 4 mil scale chairs? I've got bits stuck all over the living room here! :scared:

Bill, fings ain't wot they used to be where I now work about 4/6 hours a day but even then not everyday as laying in is better than hacking up great sheets of cardboard !

In the old days it was six to six, seven days a week.

Cheers.

Allan

Bill, your chairs.

Buy 'em .Check out Faller accessories.

Cheers.

Allan.

I'm beginning to wish I had Allan. I had a look at the Kibri Office Furniture Packs, but having to buy two at twenty-two quid with most of them going to waste brought out the mean streak in me! I only need two chairs but problem is I've got bits for about ten hiding in the carpet (It's me shaky bits). On reflection I think I'll let the bu**ers sit on packing cases! :drag:

Regards

Bill

Hi Alan,

love the Tudor stuff, I never get the chance to do this type of building, out of interest how do you go about fixing the black materiel to the white background?

cheers

Peter

ps: how is the guitar playing shaping up, I am sending you a link to a track I did on the Fiesta red strat.

Hi Alan,

love the Tudor stuff, I never get the chance to do this type of building, out of interest how do you go about fixing the black materiel to the white background?

cheers

Peter

ps: how is the guitar playing shaping up, I am sending you a link to a track I did on the Fiesta red strat.

Hi Peter.

The white background is also plastic so I string Evostik Impact Adhesive sparingly to the back of the black plastic stud work and while it is still wet gently position it over the oversized backing sheet then trim back when it has set..

The problem with trying to use solvent glue is that it turns the plastic shiny and looks terrible.

I got your guitar vid via email - totally awesome !

Cheers.

Allan