"Anything You Can do, I Can Do Better ! Robinson and Downes.

Tried downloading GIMP, John but found it impossible. Just a load of gumf and promises and that was it but thanks all the same.

So, as unreliable and frusterating as Serif is, here's another shopped pic.

Cheers.

Allan

post-18579-0-68739700-1500831093.jpg

• Like 1

None of these skies are working for me Allan. They seem to just draw attention away from the modelling.

I think you're probably right and maybe a far less in your face back ground would suit better.

Anyway, it was just me showing off with what little ( very little ) photoshopping skills that I have or, more precisely  put, haven't.

Cheers.

Allan.

Added a few trees and sky  as a test for the real photo shoot when the layout's finished which isn't far off now - just waiting for some stock and yet to build a rusty old gantry crane straddling the loading dock.

BTW. Just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer but it's gonna have to wait until I finish the gantry crane before it finishes me !

Cheers

Allan.

post-18579-0-86021900-1501004010.jpgpost-18579-0-14274600-1501004029.jpgpost-18579-0-55673200-1501004048.jpgpost-18579-0-63474900-1501004072.jpgpost-18579-0-93867700-1501004103.jpgpost-18579-0-60578900-1501004132.jpg

"BTW. Just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer but it's gonna have to wait until I finish the gantry crane before it finishes me !"

Have I just read that correctly, if so that is terrible news.

Martyn

Sad to say, Martyn, but it's true.

I've been having quite a rough ride lately what with bladder stones (3 ops to get rid of them, catheter bags and all that for a year )  breathing problems and now this something which my doctor suddenly sprung on me yesterday and half past five !.

But, no complaints really. got this far (82 coming up ) without too much hassle so I've had a good run but yet to get a damn static grass applicator to work !

Anyway, I ain't finished yet as I've got another layout to build so He's gonna have to wait !

Cheers.

Allan, and thanks for all your support over the years that has helped make this thread what it is.

BTW. Just been diagnosed with terminal lung cancer but it's gonna have to wait until I finish the gantry crane before it finishes me !

Cheers

Allan.

Really sorry to read that post Allan, my thoughts are with you. You will fight a strong battle I am sure.

Well, thats a total Bu99er!

How come the good guys come down with these things while the Donald Trumps and the people who make 'Family Bathrooms' seem to be bullet proof?

Just want you to know that  theres a whole heap of us  Allan Downes groupiies  who are    hanging out for you!

Edited by monkeysarefun

Thanks guys for all the support. Really appreciated. Meanwhile, grass tufts.

After a right performance with blobs of PVA glue on bakers foil, grass fibres and a static grass applicator, all of which was a total flop, I ended up  using WWS ready to plonk tufts which I should have done in the first place where you get a 100 self adhesive tufts in a packet. These were 4mm in spring green.

Anyway, here then, be the results.

Cheers.

Allan

post-18579-0-94321500-1501079724_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-08600200-1501079742_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-53785200-1501079760_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-60498300-1501079775_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-88449000-1501079794_thumb.jpgpost-18579-0-60030500-1501079819_thumb.jpg

• Like 9

There's a heap of Allan Downes groupies  who are hanging out for you!

My entry form to your group is in the post!  Allan's posts are fascinating, educational and demonstrate his dedication to realism and accuracy. And he has a sense of humour.

G'day Allan,

I admit that  I have no experience of British weed tufts, but here are some tufts on an  abandoned  southern Sydney  railway line (with obligatory spooky haunted tunnel) which proves your tufting skills are accurate - and universal!

post-22541-0-36160800-1501080474.jpg

Maybe just add some tree ferns and a few brown snakes into the sunny bits   and you could  be an Australian Modeller  (and you could  probably knock up a model of most of our rail system before next Thursday!)

Edited by monkeysarefun
  • Like 2

My entry form to your group is in the post!  Allan's posts are fascinating, educational and demonstrate his dedication to realism and accuracy. And he has a sense of humour.

Mate, I do agree with you completely, but just wanted to add that  if 'Railway Modellling' was a school subject and if  you were his teacher, then you have just written the most brilliant school  report ever for Allan!

(Unless Allan has a better one...)

Edited by monkeysarefun

• RMweb Gold

Really sorry to read that post Allan, my thoughts are with you. You will fight a strong battle I am sure.

I'm trying to be funny in a non-funny situation. I think it is about time to repost the cathedral from the first few pages, a truly fitting monument. May you live to replace it with something even more monumental. I have never met you, but I wish you well Allan. You inspired me to attempt scratch building. I’m sure you did the same for many others here, thank you for that. It will be part of your legacy.

Edited by Vistiaen
  • Like 3

I'm trying to be funny in a non-funny situation. I think it is about time to repost the cathedral from the first few pages, a truly fitting monument. May you live to replace it with something even more monumental. I have never met you, but I wish you well Allan. You inspired me to attempt scratch building. I’m sure you did the same for many others here, thank you for that. It will be part of your legacy.

Thanks for that Vistiaen. 

Me and my ego have been looking for an excuse, any excuse, to re run that cathedral and you've just offered me the perfect opportunity so I'll defo give it some hammer later - does anybody else want to see it !

Cheers.

Allan.

• Like 3