Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Trent Valley Show 15th June 2013

Re the show, Chris has a point. We're seriously in danger of losing money this year so it all really depends on how we do next week

Come on everyone we need all your support, weather as a punter or a helper,we can't let this cracking exhibition die,after all Nicks hard work, he needs our support.

Where else can you see 15+ American themed layouts under one roof,if yo've never been before now's your chance.

Once it's gone it's gone,then we'll all be saying i wish TVNAM was still going,where do we go now!!!!

I wish there was a show like this nearer to me but there isn't, thats why i'm traveling down from deepest West Cumbria to support Nick and help out where i can,i'll do anything (except clean the bog!!!!!!!).

Ray

That's the spirit Ray!

I'll be doing the annual 360 mile round trip - haven't missed one yet!

Always plenty to see and good friendly folk to meet.

Dave

Raffle Prizes:

1 x Athearn Genesis GP38-2(W) CN courtesy of Model Junction

2 x HO freight cars and 2 x N freight Cars courtesy of Intermountain

6 x N freight cars courtesy of Micro trains

3 x model railroad books courtesy of Kalmbach Publishing

2 x HO Cornerstone structure kits courtesy of Walthers

1 x 2013 HO Reference Book courtesy of Walthers

1 x Rolling Road courtesy of Coastal DCC

Surely it's worth coming to the show just to have a chance of winning a prize - the GP38-2 looks stunning (I'm thinking about doing a runner with it! :angel: :no: )

Where else can you see 15+ American themed layouts under one roof,if yo've never been before now's your chance.

And a rare appearance south of Drumnadrochit for Shortliner Jack....

Great raffle prizes Nick. Can I reserve the GP38 in CN livery, to go with the SD70M CN that I won last year?

Dave

Dave - if you win it again this year there will definitely be questions asked in the house.....

Went to inverness this morning - 15 minute delay southbound  because of the works on the bridge - when we went home an hour-and-a-half later - no delay northbound, but the southbound traffic queue was tailed back up the A9 to the Tore roundabout - approx 5 miles! - Oh JOY!

I shall be setting off at some revolting hour (it doesn't get completely dark at this time of year - so it wont be "O-dark-thirty"!) to avoid this sort of delight!. Please come and visit the show if you possibly can, I'm looking forward to meeting people

Andy - some rather nice 1950s photos of a steeple cab in Kansas City on another forum - if you are going do you want me to print them off?

How dare you steal my slogan!!! :mosking:

Re the show, Chris has a point. We're seriously in danger of losing money this year so it all really depends on how we do next week.

Get out there and round up as many prospective customers as you can.

Hey, I did qualify that! ;-)

Absolutely understand your problems. The Seaboard Show is supposed to be a fundraiser for our group so as one of the organisers we have to try to turn a decent profit to justify the effort involved, yet along break even.

Dan

Hey, I did qualify that! ;-)

Absolutely understand your problems. The Seaboard Show is supposed to be a fundraiser for our group so as one of the organisers we have to try to turn a decent profit to justify the effort involved, yet along break even.

Dan

I was only joking about the slogan, Dan. You can pay me the rolyalties owing when you're up here next week...

Seriously, though, thanks for the vote of sympathy. It's nice to know that somebody else shares the pleasures and the pain.

Anyway, let's not get into a spiral of doom and gloom, let's think positively about next Saturday.

The latest weather forecast I have seen for next week is mixed sun and showers but there's still plenty of time for that to change. Given that we'll be indoors enjoying ourselves, it doesn't really matter!

Jack

You can wear anything you like, as long as it's not a red dress it'll clash with me and Steve!!!

We could do with them swans on the M6 next Saturday,so all the traffic would be diverted via A51.

If it doesn't rain, you can sit at the entrance and welcome people...... mind you, you can do even if it rains......

Never mind Jack i'll come and talk to you,you have a advantage,nobody knows what you look like,so you can sneak in under the radar!!!!

Ray

On a side note as one of my regular operators is otherwise engaged in the Pacific Northwest (no names etc) if anyone fancies joining me and AndrewC to help operate Galatia you'd be most welcome

Cheers

Dan

We could do with them swans on the M6 next Saturday,so all the traffic would be diverted via A51.

You would do best to come off at j15 and take the A34 to Stone and the A51 to Rugeley, Ray. Just watch out for the speed cameras and the mobile van on the A51,. The b***t*rds got me there a couple of years ago. I'm still plotting my revenge.....

Andy - some rather nice 1950s photos of a steeple cab in Kansas City on another forum - if you are going do you want me to print them off?

You might be better sending me the link- I do hope to be there, as long as the Missus isn't squeezing my hand and shouting obscenities in the name of childbirth...

On a side note as one of my regular operators is otherwise engaged in the Pacific Northwest (no names etc) if anyone fancies joining me and AndrewC to help operate Galatia you'd be most welcome

Cheers

Dan

Just drag one of the audience in to help. After all, how hard can it be...?

• RMweb Gold

On a side note as one of my regular operators is otherwise engaged in the Pacific Northwest (no names etc) if anyone fancies joining me and AndrewC to help operate Galatia you'd be most welcomeCheersDan

Get JMRI web server running and a webcam...I can then give you a hand!

Ian

Archived