Catherine Street

georgeT

Hi, Here's a little video as requested

Thanks, George. That's really useful. I might have to try modelling with Das. My 4mm buildings were all in card using ScaleScenes printed sheets, but now I've moved to the senior scale I might have to change the way I work ...

Morning Stephen, l find it great in 'O' gauge, but l think you will struggle in 'OO' as the DAS is not very strong, with the painting you can do that in any scale..  good luck anyway...

George..

Hello Bodgit,  Yes l want to build some sort of bridge at the end with some side embankment's of grass and thing's, and some tree's (another project to build some realistic tree's?)

Hello Bodgit,  Yes l want to build some sort of bridge at the end with some side embankment's of grass and thing's, and some tree's (another project to build some realistic tree's?)

Hi George, As I have just asked with AB how about a distance shot to show it will all fit together with mock ups for the bridge etc.

Bodgit

• RMweb Premium

Lovely work, as usual, George. Always good to look at your threads as they provide me with lots of inspiration and ideas!

Also good to see the ongoing interaction between you and Bodgit. Great fun. I don't know what I'd do if he disappeared from KL - he's my major contributor (covering a spectrum of stuff, needless to say!)

One question. When you cover the ply with DAS, do you get much shrinkage as the clay dries out?

Jeff

• RMweb Premium

Hello Jeff, l have had some buildings that l have covered with the DAS clay, and there is NO signs of shrinking yet after almost a year ?

George..

Thanks for that. I've been using DAS for the first time, over the last couple of weeks. No shrinkage, so far.

However, I also bought some (cheaper) Scola modelling clay - considerable shrinkage during drying.

I'll stick to DAS from now on.

Jeff

Hello Jeff, l have had some buildings that l have covered with the DAS clay, and there is NO signs of shrinking yet after almost a year ?

George..

My 7mm shed has shunk to 4mm :O hahahaaa

Bodgit :no:

Archived