Timings needed for Colas logs 6Z50 Chirk - Baglan Bay

Hi Guys,

I'm hoping to film 56105 which I think is still working the 6Z50 Chirk - Baglan Bay logs as 56 don't seem to work the 6J37 logs from Carlisle (The train that passes near me in Warrington)

So does anyone have any timings or they have filmed it before and remember the rough time?

Any help would be really appreciated...

Thanks,

Tom

EDIT: TIMINGS FOR SATURDAY WORKING OF BAGLAN BAY-CHIRK NEEDED

• RMweb Gold

Tom try this is pretty easy to get your head around once you know what your looking for but it's doesn't give the headcodes for freight as yet but it should in the future http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced?location=Chirk&date=09%2F05%2F2013&tocs=All&timespan=3&show_schedules=11&schedule_type=0&show_wtt=1&show_var=1&show_stp=1

Hope this helps 

Colin 

CovGuard

• RMweb Gold

its 07:16 off chirk, ive got it 2 days next week as far as shrewsbury then staying on board to road learn newport

i believe they dont use 56s on 6J37 as its 21 wagons and the loco wouldnt get up ais gill or whalley bank without ripping the guts out if it!!

its 07:16 off chirk, ive got it 2 days next week as far as shrewsbury then staying on board to road learn newport

i believe they dont use 56s on 6J37 as its 21 wagons and the loco wouldnt get up ais gill or whalley bank without ripping the guts out if it!!

Thanks Jim,

What time does it come through Crewe as me and Ellis are on a Cheshire roundy and are hoping to stop off at Crewe before our trip to Stafford... It's Tuesday 28th of May 2013. Oh right, I can I understand why now they don't use the 56s, 56094 broke down didn't it on one if the runs

Tom try this is pretty easy to get your head around once you know what your looking for but it's doesn't give the headcodes for freight as yet but it should in the future http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/advanced?location=Chirk&date=09%2F05%2F2013&tocs=All&timespan=3&show_schedules=11&schedule_type=0&show_wtt=1&show_var=1&show_stp=1

Hope this helps

Colin

CovGuard

Thanks Colin,

Will take a look! :)

• RMweb Gold

it doesnt go via crewe southbound, chirk-shrewsbury-newport-baglan bay

the return (which im currently sat in shrewsbury waiting to take north) goes through crewe about 22:00ish then goes over to chester and round to chirk ready for the morning departure

it doesnt go via crewe southbound, chirk-shrewsbury-newport-baglan bay

the return (which im currently sat in shrewsbury waiting to take north) goes through crewe about 22:00ish then goes over to chester and round to chirk ready for the morning departure

Damn!

Thanks for the help

Swifty11, Try if you can to get out to see it believe me it's worth it!!!!! Nothing better to wake the senses early in the morning than hearing the thud thud thud of a grid...... :D

Regards

D421

Swifty11, Try if you can to get out to see it believe me it's worth it!!!!! Nothing better to wake the senses early in the morning than hearing the thud thud thud of a grid...... :D

Regards

D421

Well I will have to be our early but I will try my best... Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Regards

D421

do you know what, i'll agree with that 100%, just worked 6Z53 from shrewsbury to chirk via crewe and chester, the first 56 ive driven on my own since 2009 and the first time ive driven shrewsbury to chester since 2007, after i threaded my way out of shrewsbury and opened it up towards harlscott i remembered just how good a 56 on a loaded train sounds and indeed how well it goes, 1250 tons behind me and it felt so much more responsive than a 66, and as for gresford bank, window down all the way, big grin on my face!!

do you know what, i'll agree with that 100%, just worked 6Z53 from shrewsbury to chirk via crewe and chester, the first 56 ive driven on my own since 2009 and the first time ive driven shrewsbury to chester since 2007, after i threaded my way out of shrewsbury and opened it up towards harlscott i remembered just how good a 56 on a loaded train sounds and indeed how well it goes, 1250 tons behind me and it felt so much more responsive than a 66, and as for gresford bank, window down all the way, big grin on my face!!

Very nice Jim!!

The problem is I'm in Warrington and my friend has to come from Liverpool and as it leaves Wrexham at 07:13! Which takes me 50 minutes so I would have to leave about 06:00 and being 13 I doubt my mum or dad will give me a me a lift... But I really want to get 56105, do you know if it will work it on Saturday as my friend thinks that they put the grid on every other Saturday?

Swifty, 56105 working Baglan- Chirk today due Crewe 5.20pm booked off 5.29pm...Chester around 6pm....

Take a brolly!

Regards

D421

Thanks, sadly I can't make it today but 56105 is passing me next week on Friday so I'll get it then I hope

Jim, I tell you the shot I took at Rosset ( in your post ) flew past me...Didn't manage my usual amount of shots!!!! I've taken shots there of 66's 57/3 and 57/0 on logs but none have passed at such speed......Effortless is word I'd use...

Glad you are lovin' the experience.....

Keep on with your posts....

Regards

D421

Archived