Frustratingly I cannot find a clear trackplan for Croydon Central.

It is closed by the earliest 25 inch map on the NLS website, and the 6 inch map looks like it shows two side platforms each with a run-around loop but no other details.
Could you suggest anywhere else I could look for a trackplan?

Kind Regards,
Gary

• 1 month later...
On 29/12/2023 at 21:07, Matloughe said:

Frustratingly I cannot find a clear trackplan for Croydon Central.

It is closed by the earliest 25 inch map on the NLS website, and the 6 inch map looks like it shows two side platforms each with a run-around loop but no other details.
Could you suggest anywhere else I could look for a trackplan?

Kind Regards,
Gary

Gary, if you are a member of the Brighton Circle, there was a talk about Croydon Central as part of the on-line 'Virtual Blatchington' meeting in September 2021.  There is a LBSCR track plan in there. The short branch was double track and there were two platforms Each had an engine release crossover, each one leading to a release line which went beyond the platforms and joined the opposite running line.  I.e.,  the down platform release line joined the up running line and vice versa. This meant that the two release lines crossed over each other by a diamond crossing. There was then a scissors crossing further along the running lines to enable a loco to return to its train and also to facilitate correct line running when leaving the station. 

• Informative/Useful 1