Re spray/detailing of my "Bachmann" 37 projects...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In terms of looking for candidates for repainting/numbering, many will of course require headboard clips above the markers.

These are quite easy to make from some plasticard filed to shape and some brass wire. I had to make some up for my model of 37904, which in itself was simple compared with scratch building the roof section.

Cheers

• 5 weeks later...

I agree.....always liked the rolling wheel logo.

Only saw one once, at princes risborough as part of the evergreen project in 98, that made this Buckinghamshire backwater a hotspot of loco hauled trains for a bit.

Gents, how hard is it to remove the Bachmann sector logos to replace with mainline or transrail ? Would my usual t cut shift it ?

I'm planning on renumbering my large logo 37 057 to 37 025 to have a nice Scottish loco. Is there a kit to specifically renumber a loco like this or do I need to buy the various sheets from fox? I figure I'd need the stag logos, large numbers and Inverness TMD nameplates.

Anything else you'd recommend I would need, such as craftsman pipe set and snowploughs etc?

• Like 1

I'm planning on renumbering my large logo 37 057 to 37 025 to have a nice Scottish loco. Is there a kit to specifically renumber a loco like this or do I need to buy the various sheets from fox? I figure I'd need the stag logos, large numbers and Inverness TMD nameplates.

Anything else you'd recommend I would need, such as craftsman pipe set and snowploughs etc?

Try Precision Labels for a custom made set of No's /Stag's / data panels/ etc    www.precisionlabels.com

another option is Railtec      www.railtec-models.com 

Nameplates:  Shawplan or Fox 

Snowploughs - spares from a Heljan 47

Oval buffers - spares from a Hornby Class 50

37 057 has original nose end doors which will require altered as 37 025 has flushed nose panels

HTH

Ken

• Like 1

Muchly impressed with Railtec. A day or so after I contacted them, they have produced a sheet of numbers, stag logos and other handy bits. Everything I need for my conversion.

Strongly recommend them.

Thanks John. We should probably follow up by saying that we're aware a lot of people are awaiting a lot of new packs/custom work. The workload continues to be very substantial but we do get to every piece of work so please continue to bear with us. Thankfully we were able to move quite quickly with a pack for 37025 as we'd recently released a very similar pack for Inverness' 37417. Quirky things, the sizes and spacing of these large logo beasts so they're getting their own packs!

Complete loco: Inverness 37025, as requested by John:

http://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=2036

Complete loco: Inverness 37417:

http://www.railtec-models.com/showitem.php?id=2025

Thanks,

Steve

• Informative/Useful 1

Top quality work as always from Steve at Rail-tec

When 37 025 was painted L/L and named Inverness TMD at IS it carried odd sized arrows believed to be Class 47 size alterted to suit and these were the only size available at the time and the loco was required back in traffic.

It also featured curved leg 7's in the L/L no's

Over the years the arrows and numbers have been changed/replaced etc

Regards

Ken

• Agree 1