Fold up bogie frames

Hi!

I'm about to tackle a 'rebogieing' project. I'd like to put a pair of MJT BR SR EMU motor bogie sides on a unit, and use a 'fold up etch' as the basis. I've seen them advertised somewhere, but cannot think where!!  

I'm not looking for anything fancy with compensation/suspension, just a simple etch with holes pre-drilled for the bearings and a centre hole for the securing bolt. Can anyone point me in the right direction please? 

Ta muchly,

Graeme

If you're using MJT sides, I assume you're saying you don't want MJT bogies?  Comet also do fold up brass ones, as do Bill Bedford (possibly from Eileen's now) and Brassmasters (I think).  There are probably others.whose products I don't use.

What wheelbase do these need to be?

Hi!

Thank you both for your help. I've looked at all the recommended websites and none seem to do what I'm after without buying either a fully compensated unit (the MJT version was out of stock) or a Comet bogie kit  to which I would apply my sides vice theirs. I'll build the MJT whitemetal kit (cat no 1106) and see how I get on :O which should prove interesting - never tackled whitemetal before!!! Practice makes perfect and all that...

Cheers G

Archived