BRÜCKENHEIM (page three onwards)

HSB

Hello Howard,

found some tunnel portal pictures for you: KBS 474 / KBS 248  3005 (KBS 478, 12478 / KBS 248m) 3002 (Stillgelegt, Radweg / KBS 248h) 3015 (Radweg / KBS 248q)

"Radweg" => cycling path, in this context it means that the line in question has been built back.

"Stillgelegt" => disused, out of service

Pictures are mostly from this millennium so beware on the ballasting seen in the pictures ... and thus not much smoke stains either since the steamies weren't running there anymore since the late 1960ies/ early 1970ies ...

Best Regards,

Christian

Edit: KBS = "Kursbuchstrecke" and some (mostly branch) lines' KBS numbers have changed with time twice or thrice

Edit #2: the lines listed are all left of the Rhine river and north of the Moselle river, i.e. the Eifel mountains.

Edited by cklammer
  • Like 1

Oh nice: the baggage variant.

4 Umbauwagen is quite sufficiently enough IMO - if you want more passenger stock then get some variation unless you are late German era III/early era IV.

Howard, have you thought about your goods traffic, yet?

Best Regards,

Christian

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like a train of these on Brückenheim (I've had a VT98 on pre-order now for 2 or 3 years!). Peter Martin brought these along for a run on Ramchester today. Amazingly they were able to run into the platform roads (but only just!). 

post-12623-0-61493700-1519671560_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I've now got about 3' of scenery finished at the approaches to the tunnel:-

attachicon.gifDSCF2229.JPG

Hello Howard,

very nice but could you please re-take that picture panning slightly to the left and without cutting off any large vegetation: I am in need of a new desktop wallpaper :sungum: !

Thank you,

Christian

I have used a photo I took of a building at Cochem and played around with it and reversed it. After printing it off and spraying it with matt varnish I have now stuck it onto the backscene.

post-12623-0-71104700-1521069306_thumb.jpg

Edited by HSB
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

In the words of the song 'What a difference a day makes!'. I've actually been working on the church for a week or so and is from a picture I took while sailing up the Rhine in a ferry. Like the other building it has been reversed to more closely match it's location and the lighting.

post-12623-0-15535000-1522879005_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

In the words of the song 'What a difference a day makes!'. I've actually been working on the church for a week or so and is from a picture I took while sailing up the Rhine in a ferry. Like the other building it has been reversed to more closely match it's location and the lighting.

attachicon.gifIMG_20180404_224019.jpg

You have definitely cracked this nut Howard. Very convincing. 

Chris