3MM Ready to Run?

The Dorset Wanderer

• 2 months later...

Hi Robert

I had the opportunity of speaking to Simon Kohler at the GDSF. He is very enthusiastic and certainly has not dropped the idea. Sadly the polls I did -the first was compromised and the second didn't have as many responses. However, the responses recieved were all positive and this is being passed on.

From discussions we had over the weekend show a great deal of interest for 3mm and enthusiastic responses when told about Hornbys enquiry.

If I recieve more then I will let you know.

Best wishes

Steve

Am I missing something? I thought that a substantial part of the charm of the less popular scales (FS 2mm, 3mm, S etc) is that there is no (or very little) ready to run so the scratchbuilder has a clear field. Choosing a scale that has little or no commercial support and then decrying the lack of commercial support just seems perverse. If you want RTR then 4mm (and increasingly 7mm) are the sensible choices, aren't they?

Chaz

2mm N seems to be well served with plenty of new models in the pipeline. For me the charm of 3mm is that it requires scratch and kit building and what I have seen at local shows has been very well executed. If I was starting again I would be very tempted!

Archived