Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Hi Jaz,

That is absolutely the business! Little Max looks just like, er, Little Max!

The question is often asked as to how a big hairy type like me ended up with a dog like him and it's an unusual story. He was a sort of rescue as he belonged to an widowed aunt of mine who herself passed away a few years back so he was looking for a home. Being a sucker for an underdog story (!) he ended up living here with the other half (who he dotes on) and myself. He was very nervous and timid after loosing his first owner but we seem to have sorted him out pretty much - he has taken a lot of work but it has been well worth it.

Thanks for finding him a (virtual) home on Arboretum Valley too!

All the best,

Castle

• Like 2

There he is........ hi Daddy!!!!

med_gallery_17883_2760_424959.jpgrmweb1369castle25

Just after Max arrived....the architect returned. His noticed some one put a rivet on upside down......

med_gallery_17883_2760_664047.jpgrmweb1362castle18

Oh dear Castle is falling a sleep again.....Max is not impressed...how is he supposed to get a nice ear rub.

med_gallery_17883_2760_320412.jpgrmweb1363castle19

Oh dear.....i think Max has an idea.....

med_gallery_17883_2760_713967.jpgrmweb1364castle20

oh Max wants to align the rivet-.ing bit just right.....for the bite :jester:

med_gallery_17883_2760_207944.jpgrmweb1365castle21

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 5

Ozzy and Watson are swopping stories with Austin...he is regaling them with his alter ego ....The After Berner

med_gallery_17883_3001_83704.jpgrmweb1359dogs2

The Old English sheep dogs from the local farm came down to investigate...

Luckily there are unaware that Pastel is giving them a mischievous look.......

med_gallery_17883_3001_389899.jpgrmweb1360catsanddogs3

a bird's eye view.....and NO I don't do birds.....ok maybe an Ostrich..... :jester:

med_gallery_17883_3001_408546.jpgrmweb1361catsanddogs4

• Like 4

a bird's eye view.....and NO I don't do birds.....ok maybe an Ostrich..... :jester:

You say that but isn't there a birds nest in the willow tree you made recently? It didn't get there by itself did it? :jester:

Having sorted out the architect...and gotten a good ear rub off Castle. Max heard on the local grapevine / growl wine  that there was a circus in the next town. So he hopped on a train....

and took a walk down....

Where he found some new chums...

med_gallery_17883_3001_175445.jpgrmweb1360Castle27

The collies are coming over to say hi, Spot is having none of it though he's far to busy watching the clowns....and wondering if he can get his paws on a balloon.....

med_gallery_17883_3001_391105.jpgrmweb1368Castle28

Ozzy Watson and Austin bark goodbye as Max heads back off to his Castle

med_gallery_17883_3001_137179.jpgrmweb1358dogs1

• Like 9

You say that but isn't there a birds nest in the willow tree you made recently? It didn't get there by itself did it? :jester:

True BUT I didn't model the bird I only painted it...I did make the nest of course.

Interesting idea. The bonus of these Wired for Hound creatures is that they are actually pose-able - although you need to be careful incase you damage them. As Austin the After Berner is the biggest I'll try it out on him later so you can see. Hopefully I can manage a drop paws - the I want to play. Max should be ok for a wagging tale story. And Watson should be ok too but poor Ozzy has a metal centre as does Pastel and neither can be posed. I'll look in to it. At the moment I am painting Horses from Langley Models. They don't have riders because they came out of the odds and ends box at a show. So I might  be tempted to try a human figure.

• Like 2

please don't tempt me. :sungum: (plus I would have to do a grey for the ladies to bet on) When I was younger horse riding was my first love. Hacking, paper hunts, dressage. Kal did offer to check out an ex cavalry charger when we moved here, but I worried about the kids...and had grown saner in my old age. Riding anything over 17and a half hands.....needs courage or lunacy........hopeful my lunatic days are over.

Jaz, you've been having fun with that new technique. Absolutely brilliant stuff! Those things must be tiny!

I only hope I'm not mad enough to try and start making small furniture or even kettles, cups and telephones   :jester:

Then I'd know I'm into serious miniaturisation. 

I was considering over night taking a picture at a time of one of the dogs walking, playing,wagging its head....then popping them together.........

Oh dear must stop or I will be that crazy dog lady... :tease: .........  :crazy: ........... :telephone: Kal may need to ring the doctor............ :senile:

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I only hope I'm not mad enough to try and start making small furniture or even kettles, cups and telephones   :jester:

Oi, who are you calling Mad?

I'm not mad, I'm just... umm... "eccentric" ;)

And freebs is... errr... "individual" ;)

:jester:

• Like 2

I just pmed those with the dogs. They can feel free to 'lift' and copy pictures (cut to show only their own dog or not) as they wish - if they so desire onto their own threads.If anyone would like a picture of just their animal so it is not obviously on AV they need only ask. @Jc is welcome as well, the only reason I did not mention it as he has no thread as yet, but he is welcome to at anytime in the future.

• Like 1

I just pmed those with the dogs. They can feel free to 'lift' and copy pictures (cut to show only their own dog or not) as they wish - if they so desire onto their own threads.If anyone would like a picture of just their animal so it is not obviously on AV they need only ask. @Jc is welcome as well, the only reason I did not mention it as he has no thread as yet, but he is welcome to at anytime in the future.

I'm lost now.

thebritfarmer has taken a copy of a picture of the dogs i created that represented his pets and used them for his avatar
ChrisN has taken a copy of the mad scientist i created for his avatar.
I was asked, and then thought just in case anyone wanted to use the pictures, but was not comfortable asking. I just gave carte blanche to do so.
You can use your clown.
Am I as clear as mud now?

• Like 1