Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

I am waiting for a fully furnished 00 dolls house to appear !  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

An 00 scale dolls house would not be complete without a  room dedicated to a model of a model railway. How is that for a challenge Jaz?  :jester:

Dared and double dared? But I got no daughter,no granddaughter. All boys. What would I do with a dolls house. We have considered doing a sit on railway like at  a Zoo or a Park for our figures. So a railway within a railway. Which scale would we need? Z=1:220, T=1:450

While Kal is away next week I plan to have a grand tidy up. Ok it's an excuse to play with the buildings etc.I admit it. But if his lordship can then sort me out for how to upload the videos to You tube (since they changed a while back I can't get it to work) Then I think a few videos might be in order. And if we are videoing some of his recent purchases might get an outing.

e.g.

med_gallery_17883_3207_352654.jpgrmweb1390loco1

Class 91

This weekend he is playing 1:1 rerouting plumbing. Various plumbers over they years have left us with a maze of copper that double back on itself. So he plans to rerouting and simplify, so we don't heat up half the loft before it reaches the taps.

• Like 4

Usually I absolutely love Langley Models...even when twee.....But I was painting the mechanics shop...and just found one of the guys is a leg...missing....a half leg and a foot ....Not impressed. 

Edited by Jaz

• RMweb Gold

Usually I absolutely love Langley Models...even when twee.....But I was painting the mechanics shop...and just found one of the guys is a leg...missing....a half leg and a foot ....Not impressed. 

Jaz,

I had a model with a head missing.  I emailed the guy at Langley, he asked me wich one of the half a dozen in the pack it was and posted it to me.  I think it happens sometimes with the pouring but I am surprised they do not have a better quality control.

I have done a google to see if I can identify these two motorbikes. I am not expecting to match exact models. But I would like to know the type / era. They are from, but I am not making any headway.

the red one appears to be a single seater should probably have white registration plates, but seems to have a whole lot more engine than I would have expected for a vintage motorbike.

I have handle bars to go on they are in a straight line with a handle and a break

med_gallery_17883_3149_302491.jpgrmweb1392mechanics2

The green one gives the impression of having two seats, i.e. a small queen seat over the back wheel. Again I expect this to be white number plates, and I would have thought older than the red one.

There are no handlebars here, just a weird pieces of metal that may or may not have anything to do with the bike.

And a loose wheel.

med_gallery_17883_3149_48163.jpgrmweb1393mechanics3

If anyone can match one closely to an actual motorbike I would be impressed

I would be happy to have an idea of era.

Thanking you in advance

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

I have done a google to see if I can identify these two motorbikes. I am not expecting to match exact models. But I would like to know the type / era. They are from, but I am not making any headway.

the red one appears to be a single seater should probably have white registration plates, but seems to have a whole lot more engine than I would have expected for a vintage motorbike.

I have handle bars to go on they are in a straight line with a handle and a break

med_gallery_17883_3149_302491.jpgrmweb1392mechanics2

The green one gives the impression of having two seats, i.e. a small queen seat over the back wheel. Again I expect this to be white number plates, and I would have thought older than the red one.

There are no handlebars here, just a weird pieces of metal that may or may not have anything to do with the bike.

And a loose wheel.

med_gallery_17883_3149_48163.jpgrmweb1393mechanics3

If anyone can match one closely to an actual motorbike I would be impressed

I would be happy to have an idea of era.

Thanking you in advance

Jaz, the red one looks like an Airiel Square Four

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ariel+square+four&tbm=isch&imgil=5uC3JCETqr_baM%253A%253Bhttps%253A%252F%252Fencrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com%252Fimages%253Fq%253Dtbn%253AANd9GcTQrl-eWMzIKQ4y0S20zeW3QID5RmV7y34L2yHNZ6vGrIFSAMdB5Q%253B1095%253B821%253B5WQXYWInudEo8M%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.midamericaauctions.com%25252Fmotorcycle%25252Fariel%25252Fariel-square-four-8%25252F&source=iu&usg=__v_Xxw5EqISvyUznn148pIbNCY5Q%3D&sa=X&ei=gFBAU7OCFsOUhQfXkYCYCw&ved=0CDkQ9QEwAw#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=5uC3JCETqr_baM%253A%3B5WQXYWInudEo8M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.midamericaauctions.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2011%252F11%252Fariel-square-four-8-2-1214.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.midamericaauctions.com%252Fmotorcycle%252Fariel%252Fariel-square-four-8%252F%3B1095%3B821

Andy

• Like 2

Jaz,

Are they Langley?  Could you ask him what they are when you email about the pirate, sorry the one legged man?

A good idea. Epecially it is about the same pack. And who better is to know.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Edited by Jaz

sort of.... :offtopic:

We needed the old loft sorted before we can continue the track in from the new loft. But we need insulation, and floor boards....down....but if we put them down...we end up with some nasty plumbing issues.

So Kal sent me out on Friday while he was working to get a load of JG push fit plumbing. Armed with various 22mm and 15mm straight pipes, rolls of pipe, end, 90degrees, straight fits, appliances end, emergency ends, Ts, 22mm equals, 15mm equals, and 22mmm reduced to 15mm. He set about deciding what he could cut out with out us swimming in water.

Stop cocks here are old (going to be replaced) so it was out to the meter...and stop the whole supply. Then Kal set to with a vengeance.

Washing machine connection gone, dish washer gone, utility taps gone....copper pipe disappearing at a rate of knots. Some pipe in loft removed and will not even need to be replaced, so loft boards are no longer in danger of needing to be lifted again. So a quick chop here and thee and we have a lot of redundant copper pipe.

Then the white speed fit started going in with a vengeance. Cold water is now reconnected to the bathroom basin,wc and bath (shower later) some hot water reconnected but needs a piece or two for a complete fix (luckily screwfix sells the items and is open saturday afternoon and sunday - which most plumbers merchants rant. So cold water for tea (essential) cold water for toilet (essential) and somewhere to brush your teeth in the morning ( :sungum: ) If you need hot water  go invade the granny annexe. The central heating is working fine however. And hot water in ok in the kitchen.

So a nice chinese...before fixing the other items. And a load of mini stop cocks/ isolators added. On the understanding next time you can isolate a single item and repair / replace. This might seem more expensive. But the chances of needing some much of the system down again is highly unlikely and if a leak occurs it can be minimised quickly. And the loft becomes less of a maze as the hot water pipes ran all over the joint.....

Kal has a well deserved sit down.Seeing as he's the brains, and did all the donkey work (we ...my younger son and I are the go goers / dad offers to make teas) And so he does not get too big headed we have a sit down too. :sungum:  :jester:  :jester:  :jester:

Plus this new white stuff looks much nicer than the copper that tarnishes and just looks yukky.

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Kal & Jaz,

Wow, well done.  I have done bits of this sort of thing in my time and know how difficult, (?), wearing, (?) demanding it can be.  Mind you I never had any gofers.

A plumbers quote was nigh on 1200£. We paid about 300£ in bits. So a complete bargain. The idea being if we messed up and needed a plumber and Kal managed part of it we would be quids in. But Kal sorted it without much problem. I suspect he might treat himself........

• Like 3