Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Hi Jaz / Kal, I stopped besides the road this morning to look at a tree with Fungus, sad or what?

Great work both,

Andy :sungum:

Hmmm, I always wondered who the face behind Fungus the bodge-it-man was. Your secret is revealed. Edited by Kal

Heartbeat Version 1.....now ripped up to make way for version 2

Whilst checking the gallery and my pictures on my apple, I came cross a bunch of photos that had been too big to upload here without messing about, so at the time I didn't. As it is cold in the loft I thought I might put this up as well, more will follow.

Parts of these boards are now sat forlornly in the old loft, hoping to get a new lease of life, when we get round there.the rest hit the bin.

med_gallery_17883_3051_352480.jpgrmweb531heartbeatold10

med_gallery_17883_3051_223686.jpgrmweb532heartbeatold11

med_gallery_17883_3051_561204.jpgrmweb535heartbeatold12

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 2

LOL I started to reply to this and the post kept growing. I should have done this on page 100. But This is a potted history of Arboretum Valley.

Hi aeroken1 welcome to Arboretum Valley.

Is there a link to the Mersey Model Railway Society? Perhaps a layout on RMweb? Always lovely to see other peoples work.

As 7APT7 says Kal and I will have a go at just about anything, although I have way more time than him because he works and I am a housewife. We bounce a lot of ideas off each other, and Kal is a fantastic researcher (a small part of his work skills)  I should have done a broad overview when we reached page 100, but it never occurred to me. Hopefully the following posts will give you an overview of what we have tried on our layout.

Kal originally roped me in with would I paint a back drop then dress a little bit of the layout

, a garden etc like a little dolls house. And it grew from there. I used to spend most of my time artistic time drawing (fantasy, portraits or characatures), Plus I like Warhammer painting.

med_gallery_17883_2781_501788.jpg

We use mostly plans and play resin buildings, but as time allows I do weather them

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/72163-arboretum-valley-you-cant-find-the-trees-for-the-wood-how-jaz-makes-trees/page-8&do=findComment&comment=1095160

Evening Jaz

Should I be worried that I remember ALL of the characters in that painting?

Duncan

Awesome photos, always great to see. Can I ask the boat at Port Lynn is that the Kibri Shrimp boat? 

I am sorry it was a gift from a friend who buys in layouts, he gave it to me to give it a good home. I then repainted. As for its origins, you may well be right.

Evening Jaz

Should I be worried that I remember ALL of the characters in that painting?

Duncan

Oh I so hope not, I still have the books, and I occasionally read them.The lass from the top left isn't seen much thuough. Blue Jean? i like the young Strontium Dog though the elder one is there too.

Edited by Jaz

Goathnad and Heartbear version 1 now ripped up to make way for version 2

This was the area set aside for the Greengrass campsite as there was no room near the farm buildings. Although with those cliff sides you would have to be rather brave.

med_gallery_17883_3001_243552.jpgrmweb521heartbeatoldtrain1

med_gallery_17883_3001_428043.jpgrmweb522heartbeatoldtrain2

The wedding

med_gallery_17883_3001_687748.jpgrmweb524heartbeat3

Edited by Jaz
  • Like 3

Oh I so hope not, I still have the books, and I occasionally read them.The lass from the top left isn't seen much thuough. Blue Jean? i like the young Strontium Dog though the elder one is there too.

I wish I still had the books. Got rid of them several years ago which I now regret.

Duncan

I am a complete pack rat, I even have my original Planet of the Apes Magazines, my Ladybird books, and my toy cars - I got a matchbox every week, unfortunately I threw the boxes away, and the cars, were often just dumped in a bag a box or what. I also still have 3 pelham puppets (a dragon,a baby dragon and a frog)the rubbers have perished, but otherwise they are still in their boxes, though a long way from mint there is not serious damage. And these are just the things that come to mind.

Ha anyone else kept stuff from their childhood?

• Like 1

When we first moved here the windows were quite fierce, the winds come in from the SW, but we have now got a lot of protection from the trees. On the outside we grew fast growing natives, then as you move into the centre we have the more fragile trees, so they get shelter.

fierce windows ? :scratchhead:

fierce windows ? :scratchhead:

Oh lol autocorrect fierce winds, you could stand on the field in feb or oct and whilst planting trees lean into the wind, but if it fell...so did you. Luckily the trees are now big enough to provide a significant amount of shelter.

• Like 1

7ATP7

caravans, well that's a hard one, but it will be something obvious, cararama, oxford, Hornby are the likely candidates.

Heartbeat version 1 now ripped up to make way for version 2

washing day

med_gallery_17883_3001_138221.jpgrmweb525heartbeat4

Our original take on Scripps and the Aidensfield arms, if i had set the scripps in the right orientation you could not see the frontage so it got turned

med_gallery_17883_3001_335806.jpgrmweb526heartbeatold5

and closer

med_gallery_17883_3001_676668.jpgrmweb527heartbeatold6

Edited by Jaz

• RMweb Gold

Hi guys

Its comming on very well.

I would say to the chap who asked about the MG that it looks like a MK1 E type Jag to me...............just saying don't want to start a row or anything :dontknow:

Regards Lez.