Arboretum Valley - Invasion of the Daleks

Kal

Putting DCC sound into a Bachmann HO Scale Pere Marquette 1225 Steam Loco today - in between buying and setting up a Christmas tree. Who can tell me what I might be doing with that particular loco with that engine number?

Search engines no fair.

Martin

You should have a look at Mick's Yellow Workbench, some great ideas there

also... glad to see your link, saves m having to look it up.  :imsohappy:

For anyone interested in updating with sound or realistic day, night lights check out the link below Martin's post, very cool.

http://www.duxford-u...trainsindex.htm

Edited by Kal

Putting DCC sound into a Bachmann HO Scale Pere Marquette 1225 Steam Loco today - in between buying and setting up a Christmas tree. Who can tell me what I might be doing with that particular loco with that engine number?

Search engines no fair.

Wrapping it in Xmas paper and sending it to Arboretum Valley owners as a nice Xmas pressie???????

The head will come out of a cave or hole.

That would make it a Welsh Dragon    ...............   and therefore it has to be Red   ......................   or, possibly Green if the Castle hasn't finished being built yet     ..............................     :blackeye:

[i'm not saying any more as there is so little room in the mouth next to the foot that is already there  ....]

Kal,

Some very useful content there!   Wish I'd studied Mick's techniques before I did my NMT conversions!

Thanks for the pointer, I'll look forward to following Mick's on-going projects in the future. 

As I've been majoring on the electrical side of conversions, I've never got to grips with airbrush use.

I can see this is going to be essential before I tackle anything similar in the future...... particularly if I want to get the correct shades of yellow!!!!

(BTW previous "cool Berkshire" comment was of course targeted at Clay's polar express .)

• Like 2

Hi

Yes it is an inspiration, as is your web page. I am looking forward to finishing my track laying and getting down to some improvements to some of my stock

Edited by Kal
  • Like 2

Search engines no fair.

Wasn't it a Baldwin 2-8-4 built in 1931?  :jester:

Well, according to the Know-it-all boy in the film anyway....

Clay / cgraham

Is this a snifter of a new layout? Or can you pop it in the Harry Potter themed Goathland?

I googled to check it, now i understand the Berkshire joke  :sungum: .Wikipedia mentions that a Pere Marquette 1225 was BUILT , and as 69843 the boy in the film calls it a Baldwin. Let's hope if Hornby make it they don't get confused. Considering our Harry Potter train is not the one in the film!!!!!!!

Apparently the sound on the film is taken from another loco. 

Kal still groans when I say train and should say LOCO. :jester:

Edited by Jaz

My intention is to assemble an HO scale consist that kids will recognize as the Polar Express. Lionel has the rights to the Polar Express which is why it isn't produced in OO or HO, only O scale. So, I picked up some Walthers heavyweight Pullmans and the Bachmann Pere Marquette. I'll be stripping, painting and lettering the coaches and tweaking and lettering the loco. It won't be an exact match to the film, but kids won't know the difference - especially with the hobo and his campfire on the roof of a coach. I'm not building any winter theme modules, but will run the train around the clubs' miles and miles of scale HO track at shows.

• Like 2

Or will it??????  :angel:

Clay, The platform area is in pieces, will try and reassemble enough for you to see.

med_gallery_17883_2757_448112.jpgrmweb155hp3

Hogsmeade High Street .......again

med_gallery_17883_2757_238122.jpgrmweb156hp4

and again...cruel close up (they need more work) with the cape on his arm. I must paint the cloaked person white blond.

and to show there's more than Hogsmeade High Street....Hogwarts 

med_gallery_17883_2757_612430.jpgrmweb157hp5

Please ignore atrocious hill side / rocks, and the dragon is due a re paint. First coat is done already. But is rather bright!!!!!! Tone down due imminently.

I Watched the second one of TV the other day.

You should make the cat version of Hermione, best part of the film. hahaha tail lol

post-13630-0-97856000-1386540715.png

• Like 1

RSLR

I would need a plastic model of a cat to match the HO figures, and chop and swop tails.....so any ideas where to locate such a cat?

Oh and I need a small tube to dip the end in black ink to do Harrys glasses.

A werewolf? Clay's spider? So much but no time to chase bits at the minute.

All

OH and I forgot to say, my Dad is home, he's using a zimmer frame or crutches at the moment, but home....thank you for your support earlier. He gets better every day :sungum:  

Edited by Jaz

Kal completed the two tracks at the front, so we are now all tracked up, still need power, but I can start ballasting, greening.

If he finds me sticking his points with glue, paint, green fluffy stuff I might not get a nice Chrissie present so extra care will be taken  :mosking:

RSLR

I would need a plastic model of a cat to match the HO figures, and chop and swop tails.....so any ideas where to locate such a cat?

Oh and I need a small tube to dip the end in black ink to do Harrys glasses.

A werewolf? Clay's spider? So much but no time to chase bits at the minute.

All

OH and I forgot to say, my Dad is home, he's using a zimmer frame or crutches at the moment, but home....thank you for your support earlier. He gets better every day :sungum:  

Jaz,

You could try to get a 0 gauge cat, Scalelink might do large 7mm scale cats etc (along with other useful 4mm scale components). I'd suppose it would be about the size of a small figure in 00. Just a mater of cutting the heads off both figures and tail off and then attaching them to the girl's body. :sarcastic:

Probably get a large spider in a bath or toy shop (not sure we always used to have a large plastic spider to play with in the bath).

Not too sure about the werewolf, sort of like a large dog I guess.

Might be able to do Harry Potter's glasses with maybe really fine wire I'd say anything bellow 0.02mm diameter or just draw them on with a ultra fine pen.

LOL :lol:

Cheers, Reece