Rail Freight Terminals

Enjoying this thread very much.

I'm interested in 1980s Speedlink Distribution centres such as Deanside Transit, Glasgow and Warrington Dallam.

If any anyone has any pics or links to pics of Speedlink facilities, I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Mal

Enjoying this thread very much.

I'm interested in 1980s Speedlink Distribution centres such as Deanside Transit, Glasgow and Warrington Dallam.

If any anyone has any pics or links to pics of Speedlink facilities, I would be most grateful.

Thanks,

Mal

It's worth seeking out various 'Freight Only' books by Paul Shannon and Michael Rhodes- there were five in total, three being regionally-based, then followed by two annual updates. Though they cover the whole spectrum of freight activity, there's quite a bit on the terminals you mention, and others beside. Paul Shannon has also, much more recently, done a series of books on freight operation since the 1960s; there are volumes dedicated to different activities, including one on general freight.

It's worth seeking out various 'Freight Only' books by Paul Shannon and Michael Rhodes- there were five in total, three being regionally-based, then followed by two annual updates. Though they cover the whole spectrum of freight activity, there's quite a bit on the terminals you mention, and others beside. Paul Shannon has also, much more recently, done a series of books on freight operation since the 1960s; there are volumes dedicated to different activities, including one on general freight.

Thanks. I have one of the 'Freight Only' books (Vol 3. Wales & Scotland) and one of the more recent Paul Shannon books - 'Wagonload'. They are excellent for reference and provided inspiration for my Speedlink Era layout 'Springburn Yard.

I think I'll have to search out more of these books.

Mal

Archived