Hello,

Sorry to hear about the layout. Hope your able to rebuild bigger n better next year.

Good luck with it. All the best for the new year.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the comment, it won't be bigger 16 foot  is big enough, better is a possibility depending on if I can learn from my mistakes.

The next layout will be a through station, with a couple of bays, no TMD but a small stabling point for locos and DMUs, the goods yard will have an extra siding or two sidings plus the goods shed line and run round loop, the sidings are needed for somewhere to keep the wagons whilst shunting and marshalling and re-arranging stock.

So its a good win win situation, the missus has a fully refurbished house, and I get a better layout - eventually!

• 4 months later...

Its the middle of may, 5 months since splitting the layout in half and storing it in the corner as it was going to be scrapped.

I just couldn`t do it ( scrapping it to build another - Carr Crofts http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/106682-carr-crofts/ ) So what the new plan is is to have two layouts, Midland Road, and Carr Crofts.

the problem would have been the Gauges as I was considering building Carr Crofts to EM so instead I will be having code 75 track on Carr Crofts and keep Midland road with its code 100, I can't see too many problems arising that way.

Midland Road is put up in the cellar already, although I don't have a fiddle yard for it at the moment, I have re-soldered some of the wires back and will have a little play tomorrow.

The Mrs has said I can have two layouts, but the house still comes first, the builders have finished the work, so it's now just us having a huge clear out, and decorating everywhere, there was a lot of mess and dirt, dust etc and not too easy to keep up with everything but we are on top of it all now, however we have found a big problem with woodworm in a few joists and floor boards so that is now the priority, Its a job for a joiner or builder because it`s more than just getting a gel or liquid from B & q and probably something I can't do on my own, 10 years ago I would have done it myself but admittedly I am several pounds heavier and not as nieve as I once was.

post-9437-0-90594500-1463255875_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I have made a start in backdating some mk3 stock from Intercity livery to Executive livery

post-9437-0-33607400-1464559845_thumb.jpg

The number one on the first class still needs to come off and another number 1 put on the door

post-9437-0-56133800-1464559843_thumb.jpg

post-9437-0-26372800-1464559842_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived